Is Microdermabrasion a Good Method for Treating Keratosis Pilaris?

I have tiny red bumps all over my torso and upper arms that seem to improve if I tan, but since I also have sensitive/fair skin I prefer to not have to rely on tanning.

Keratosis pilaris management

+2

Keratosis pilaris is a chronic condition. We have no cure for it yet. Microdermabrasion , if anything, will only improve the appearance temporarily. A better option would be the use of a strong moisturiser [keratolytic] such as Amlactin, available as an OTC product. It is to be aplied after showers, & at bedtime , specially in dry weather.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion for Keratosis Pilaris

+1

Microdermabrasion cannot do much for Keratosis Pilaris inasmuch as the  scales are  too deep.

No good treatment exists for Keratosis Pilaris. However,  moisturizing the skin with a 20% Urea cream or a 40% Urea cream can provide good temporary "masking of the problem". Unfortunately, the day you stop applying this cream, the condition immediately reappears.

Eugene Mandrea, MD
Chicago Dermatologist