Can I Have Microdermabrasion if I Have Rosacea?

Is it advisable to have microdermabrasion if you have rosecia?

Avod Microdermabrasion with Rosacea

+2

Rosacea skin is in a hyperactive, sensitive state. The blood vessels are like switches ready to pull; they will easily dilate and release their fluid.

Microdermabasion can activate these vessels and cause a flaring of your rosacea. I have seen two cases in which microdermabrasion was unfortunately given and a bad flare resulted. One case developed into what we call Rosacea Fulminans. This is a severe flare of Rosacea in which nodules and cysts predominate.

IPL in the green wavelength would be far a more prudent choice.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Microdermabrasion may increase facial redness associated with Rosacea.

+1

If you have significant facial redness from rosacea, microdermabrasion treatments may exacerbate this. I have found that IPL PhotoFacial treatments are best for reducing facial redness from rosacea. I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon