Microdermabrasion for Under Eye Bags?

Hi am 31 and i have under eye bags, Can microdermabration improve the area under my eyes,or am i totally waisting my money!

Don't Waste Your Money!

+1

Sorry to say but microdermabrasion is such a superficial process that you are unlikely to see any benefit for the deeper structures.  Go see an expert in your area in peri-orbital rejuvenation.

Danville Dermatologic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion could help the bags but very minimally

+1

There are many ways to do microdermabrasion.  The really superficial ones won't really make a difference. There are some physician grade machines that can go deeper with stronger suction.  But you would really need a doctor to do it or some one under the close supervision of a doctor doing it.  Essentially, when you get into the deeper, stronger ones you are doing some resurfacing.  This could help increase a layer of collagen that could help with the bags to a small degree.  Other better options include fillers, fat injections, midface lift, lower blepharoplasty, and lower eyelid rim facial implants.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon