Does Cocaine Metabolize Dysport and Fillers Faster?

Dysport and Drug Use

+1

Thank you for your question. Everyone metabolizes fillers and Dysport differently due to the medications that we take, stress, lifestyle etc. This interaction has not been studied. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Cocaine...

+1

It would be wise, and highly recommended not to use illegal substances such as recreational cocaine! 

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Cocaine effects on Dysport and fillers

+1

Although cocaine will have no direct effect on either fillers or Dysport, the use of recreational cocaine can cause the progression of the aging process to proceed at a faster rate and you will likely need larger amounts of fillers if you continue to use the cocaine.

Julio Garcia, MD

Cocaine Use

+1

I would advise against the use of recreational cocaine.  It will metabolize your product faster but more importantly it puts you at risk for a cardiovascular event such as a heart attack. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Cocaine Use

+1

It is best not to use recreational cocaine. Yes, it will metabolize substances in your body faster. However, there are many health complications and concerns that happen when cocaine is used.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport with illicit drugs

+1

Cocaine causes most things to be metabolized faster. There is no study showing its effect on dysport. As a physician, I need to advise you not to use cocaine as it can lead to sudden cardiac death and early myocardial infarction (heart attack). From the standpoint of plastic surgery, it will erode your nasal septum.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon