Why Do Some People Respond Better to Dysport for Deep Wrinkles?

How does the area of application influence a choice of dysport over botox?)

Effects of Dysport vs Botox

+1

Thank you for your question. Everyone respond differently to Dysport or Botox. Its all about provider and patient preference, your previous history to the products, their longevity when administered, and how quickly your body metabolizes the product. Both products are very similar with very similar results and side effects, but these results can vary person to person. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for an evaluation and for the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Botox Versus Dysport

+1

Both Botox and Dysport are forms of botulinum toxins and basically do the same thing. However, Dysport has fewer proteins surrounding the main molecule, which allows it to be tolerated by the body to a greater extent than Botox. Also this slight structural difference causes it to be broken down at a much slower rate. However results vary with individual physiology. So if Botox does not give the results that the patient wants, Dysport should be considered. And likewise, Botox should be considered if Dysport does not deliver ideal outcomes. 

There is a study which compared the effects of Botox versus Dysport on crows feet. The subjects had Botox injected on one side of the face and Dysport on the other side. According to the results, Dysport outperformed Botox in the overall reduction of crows feet. 

One patient complained about the lines between his eyebrows. He had used Botox in the past, but did not get the kind of  results he wanted in this particular area. His wife also had the same issue. Both of them had Dysport injected on the same day and noted that  the results much faster. They were also impressed by the efficacy of Dysport on this glabellar region. Here is a video where the patient describes this. 

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport vs. Botox

+1

Greetings~

Though not exactly the same, Botox and Dysport (and Xeomin) are very similar.  There really is no specific area where one substance would work more effectively than another.  Efficacy is more dependent on dosage/units and placement of product.  Though similar, some patients may feel that they respond better for some reason to one neurotoxin over another, but generally speaking they should all give a very similar end result, regardless of superficial or deep wrinkle.  Dysport does have a slightly faster onset of action which for most is the only discernable difference. 

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Dysport and Botox are roughly equivalent

+1

I certainly have not seen that Dysport or Botox works better on deep wrinkles.  In fact, I have studies Dysport on one side and Botox on the other side in several patients, with their consent, and we observed the effects each day for the first week, then weekly, then monthly and saw no appreciable differences in the onset and duration of the treatments.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Dysport or Botox

+1

Dysport and Botox both are equally effective in treating forehead wrinkles, etc.. To me it is like Coke and Pepsi.

+1

I agree with faster onset of action but in general in a clinical setting all 3 area effective. It is a personsal/physician choice. 

Botox vs Dysport

+1

Other than the fact that Dysport sometimes works faster, in my hands Dysport and the other neuromodulators have similar effects in most patients. There are variations among different patients and even variations from session to session when injecting the same product in the same patient. I feel the differences are more related to technique than the medication used. 

Botox vs. dysport

+1

In skilled hands both of these drugs will give you about the same result. I have patients that prefer one and some that prefer the other. I seem to have more that like Dysport at this point .  Dysport  seems to have some good rebates a good amount of the time and works much more quickly. Also, as far as areas preferred for one vs. the other, there have been studies that show that Dysport s does better around the eyes and that might be what some are referring to . I have no experience with Xeomin. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Does Dysport work better than Botox?

+1

Botox and Dysport are not chemically identical but in reality they have very similar efficacy. One is not felt to work better for particular patients or particular wrinkles.  I have not found any difference in efficacy.  At times I will have patients report a preference for one versus the other but there are so many variables from one treatment to another that I do not feel that one is superior to the other.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

+1

Botox, Dysport and the newer Xeomin are all the same type of botulinum toxin and have very similar effects.  There's no harm in trying one versus the other to see if there's a marked difference in your particular case.  I have used one of these neurotoxins (currently use all three) for over 20 years and believe they offer very similar results.