Dermal Filler for Alar Retraction? (photo)

Hello. I had a closed septo-rhinoplasty in 2010 and have retracted alar rims as a result. I really do not want to go under the knife again so I'd like to know if temporary injectable fillers will correct the issue and are there possible risks? Also, what other issues are obvious? I know it doesn't seem right but I can't put my finger on it. Thanks for your time.

Fillers for alar retraction

+1

not a good move in my experience.

The volume required would compromise the viability of your alar skin.

Filler injections however would be useful to rebuild your over resected nasal dorsum and radix, alongside a small reduction of your collumelar septal cartilage which could be done under a local anaesthetic.

Kind regards

London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar Retraction

+1

Hi,

I dont think fillers will help this problem... There is more going on with your nose besides alar retraction. You have over-projected tip and over-reduced bridge. Only a revision rhinoplasty would help you situation.

Dr.S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Alar retraction

+1

There is a combination of alar retraction and columellar show which both need to be addressed with revision rhinoplasty.  To improve the columellar show, cartilage and skin is trimmed back from the inside of the nostril. If there is still alar notching present, then a composite skin/ cartilage graft from the ear is required to bring down the alar notching.  Fillers will not solve this problem and  run the risk of necrosis of the skin in  this area of the nose. Please see the link below for how  we have repaired columellar show in our practice