The Cartilage in My Nose Tip is Visible, Like There's a Crack on My Nose?

Can this be fixed?

Prominent nasal cartilages

+2

Prominent, thick, and strong lower lateral nasal  tip cartilages in the presence of very thin skin can cause the nasal tip cartilage to be visible. Many patients are  also uncomfortable with the cleavage and/or cleft between the 2 tip cartilages which can be  improved with a Tip- rhinoplasty and cartilage  suturing and camouflage grafts.

Depression Treatment with Filler

+1

Some depressions can be treated with filler, but an exam or pictures would be necessary to assess that for you.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty question

+1

Dear yessenia,

• You can fix this problem either surgically or non-surgically depending on what you want
  • If you are not ready for surgery, a little filler can help fill in the "crack"

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs Work Well For Masking Nasal Tip Cleavage or Clefts Between The Cartilages

+1

While a picture would have been helpful, it appears that you are describing a cleft between prominent nasal tip cartilages. I have treated many patients for this by merely masking the cleft using a volumizing filler, such as Juvederm UltraPlus XC combined with a small amount of Radiesse. Both are natural, biodegradable materials. The procedure takes only a couple of minutes to perform and the results are immediate and uniformly quite gratifying. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD