Medlite C6 Laser Treatment-How to Correct the Damage It Caused?

I had a Medlite C6 laser treatment 2 weeks ago and now my sun damage is worse than before. I had one treatment on my chest for light sun damage (I had IPL treatments two years ago and wanted a touch up). Two weeks later all I see are the laser lines and worse brown spots than before the treatment. I am a white female and was told that there was no possibly of side effects because of my skin color. I am very careful about always using sun block. What treatment options do I have to correct this?

Medlite C6 Laser

+1

Thank you for your question. This problem is usually temporary, but should be treated to expedite the process.  Care with a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon, will help you to obtain the medical creams you need at this time.  You will need some kind of bleaching cream, usually formulations include Hydroquinone from 4-8%, Retin-A, or Retinol,  Kojic Acid, AHA, Bearberry, Arbutin,  Glycolic Acid, and others.  Thus, a consult with a skin expert is essential to recovery.  Sunscreen with Zinc and or Titanium is essential to prevent worsening of the pigment.  Avoid sun exposure to the area and excessive heat.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser procedures for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Medlite C6 treatment

+1

The Medlite C6 is an excellent laser and can be used for a number of things from tattoo removal to brown spot removal. There are a variety of settings and wavelengths used and it is difficult to answer your question about potential complications without photos and settings. However, on thin skin of the chest it sometimes takes a while to heal and the fact that the area turned darker is something that is not uncommon and usually temporary.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon