Methods To Maximize Fat Survival After a Brazilian Butt Lift?
- Asked 2 years ago
Are there any measures I can take to store as much fat as possible after it is transferred to my buttocks? I think the doctors will only be able to get 200cc's in each cheek if I'm lucky because I'm quite thin. So I really need that fat to survive! Are there certain techniques, supplements, or anyway to give me maximum fat survival after a fat transfer to the buttocks?
Fat survival after Brazilian butt lift can be optimized
After fat transfer to the buttocks (Brazilian butt lift) it is important to:
- Eat an healthy diet with good multivitamin supplementation
- Avoid direct trauma or pressure to the buttocks. It is acceptable to sit, since very little fat is moved to the area affected by sitting, but it is important to avoid reclining, sleeping on back side, and any direct pressure to the upper and lateral aspect of the buttocks
- Avoid smoking and being around second hand smoke at all costs
- Lightly massage the area with light non-irritant massage oil twice a day. This will improve circulation to the area. Hard massage is not indicated for at least 6 weeks
Overall, it is most important to maintain normal weight and avoid direct trauma. Fat survival after Brazilian butt lift is usually very good.
Protect results of brazilian butt lift
The most important thing for you to do is avoid applying direct pressure to the areas where fat was transferred. You may take a multivitamin, and be sure your diet is healthy and balanced.
Fat survival after Brazilian Butt Lift Requires Following your surgeon's instructions
Because there is variability in the techniques among surgeons, and because many of us have varying regimens for postoperative management, you should ask your surgeon what they prefer for you to do and not do after surgery.
The most important things are for you to choose your surgeon (outcomes!) carefully, and that you follow thier instructions very carefully.
Web reference: http://www.orlandobrazilianbuttlift.com
Recent Brazilian Butt Lift Reviews
Brazilian Butt Lift Photos
Brazilian Butt Lift
Don’t go on a diet to reduce calories. Give the fat cells food and eat a higher calorie diet of excess of 2,000 calories a day with good fats…olive oil, nuts, walnuts, pecans and, almonds for a time to be determined by your surgeon. But first discuss this plan with your surgeon who should be involved in your activities and recovery. They may want you to follow another plan and that is what you should do.
Fat survival after Brazilain butt lift
Fat survival after a Brazilian butt lift is mainly dependent on the surgical technique. There are many things that the surgeon can do to increase the survival of the fat and for subsequent long-term results.
1. Use small cannulas to inject the fat. A cannula should not have more than 3 mm diameter.
2. Inject the fat in multiple passes.
3. Inject the fat in different layers. The muscle layer has a better blood supply so the chances for fat survival will be higher.
4. Avoid excessive blood in the fat.
5. Do not not irrigate the fat with saline or any product.
6. Avoid the fat from being exposed to air for a long period of time.
7. Mix the fat with platelet gel. This is basically your own growth factors mixed with fat. It will improve angiogenesis. (Growth of vessels)
8. Avoid pressure on the buttocks that can damage the fat by not sitting for 10 – 14 days.
9. No smoking.
10. Use low power suction during liposuction and a liposuction machine that does not injure the fat.
Web reference: http://www.babygotbutt.com
Fat survival after fat transfer to the buttocks
Good surgical technique by your plastic surgeon is the best way to ensure the highest survival of the fat cells during a brazilian buttock lift. The fat is typically injected quite deep into the gluteal muscle and deep soft tissue where the best blood supply exists. You should also avoid sitting for a few weeks after surgery to increase your fat cell survival.
A board certified plastic surgeon can examine you to determine if you are a good candidate for this or if you need to gain weight before surgery.
Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com
Brazilian butt lift and fat survival
The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction fat injection. When the fat is injected it has no blood supply so this fat is easily damaged. During the 1st 5 days the fat is probably at his weakest and most easily damaged.
I asked my patients not to sit or lay on the buttocks for 10 days. This 10 days is an arbitrary time greater than 5 days. In the best case scenario 65 to 75% of the fat injected will live. If you sit or lay on the fat causing prolonged pressure the fat will die. You still should not sit for hours on day 11 because you may damage the fat. In my patients I noticed the buttocks decrease in size for the 1st 2 to 3 weeks after that the size does not change.
The technique of the injection can also determine what percentage of the fat lives. But the only thing you can control is not putting pressure on the buttocks for the 1st 10 days.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.