If my Butt Sags over the Crease, then a Brazillian Butt Lift Isn't Ideal for Me?

Is a Brazilian butt lift just a minor cosmetic improvement for younger people. It seems to me that the older you get, the more likely you have a sagging butt and the Brazilian is not an ideal option then?

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Unfortunately gravity is a real issue and the bigger the buttock is now, the more weight there will be pulling down.  This will also depend on your sun exposure, weight gain/loss, physical support, and other factors.  No decision regarding surgery is without risk.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Butt sagginess and the brazilian butt lift

+2

It all depends on the degree of sagginess. If you have a significant amount of sagginess over the lower butt fold, then, you will not be a good candidate for surgery and an excisional butt lift will be more indicated. Now, if your sagginess is mild, then a Brazilian butt lift will improve the overall shape of you buttocks, including the lower butt fold. It is like a breast augmentation; if you have mild to moderate sagginess, an implant will lift the breasts without doing a standard breast lift.

Increasing the volume of the breasts and/or the buttocks will lift these areas, thus offering a more natural and youthful location. This is one of the reasons why the Brazilian butt lift is called a Brazilian butt lift; it will increase the volume and lift your buttocks to some extent.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift is not Best Option if Buttocks are Droopy

+1

Hi there-

While I am a big believer in the wounderful outcomes possible through a well-done Brazilian Butt Lift, it doesn't sound like it would be the best option for you...

If your buttocks are sagging, you would be better off with a more traditional buttock lift, with or without grafting of fat for increased firmness and volume. This would better improve the sagging AND give you the fulness you may want.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Corrections For a Saggy Rear End

+1

A Brazilian Butt Lift is a great procedure for volume, but there is a limit to how much you can fill. You are correct that as you age your buttock skin will also sag.  If you have lost weight, a buttock and thigh lift can be great in addressing each of these areas, however, if your only issue is the sagging at the butt crease, you could undergo a direct removal or excision of these tissues.  This leaves a easily concealed scar at the gluteal crease, but can rid you of the excess skin that should not be filled with fat. The alternative is a scar that parallels the upper buttock, normally well healed in a bikini.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Sagging Buttock

+1

The treatment will depend on the cause and degree of buttock sagging.

If the sagging buttock is due  to aggressive removal of fat from the posterior thigh (Bannana deformity), then the treatment is to put back the fat into the posterior thigh.

If the sagging of the buttock is due to age or massive weight loss then Brazilian Butt lift is not going to lift your buttock. It will need an actual surgery with incision on top of the buttock to lift, that can be done with or without a buttock enhancement surgery.

+1

Re "Is a Brazilian butt lift just a minor cosmetic improvement for younger people. It seems to me that the older you get, the more likely you have a sagging butt and the Brazilian is not an ideal option then?"  You are largely correct. A Brazilian Butt Lift is a misnomer. A very saggy buttock ("over the crease") cannot be magically lifted by the addition of fat to that buttock in the same way that a very saggy breast cannot be lifted with a large breast implant. In such cases the sagging part must be surgically lifted. A breast with a Breast Lift and a buttock with a Buttock Lift.