When Having a BBL, Does It Hurt More or Less According to CCs?

is the pain according to how many CC's you put on in each cheek? or it hurts the same if you put 800 cc's vs only 400 cc's? Also, can you put ice after surgery?

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The more cc’s, the tighter the pocket, and the increase in needle sticks will cause a little more pain. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift pain

+1

Although I have not compared objectively if the pain after  a Brazilian butt lift surgery varies depending on the amount of fat that is injected, I have not seen a major difference in pain after the surgery in those patients based on the amount of fat injected. I have even injected 1500 cc of fat into each buttock and the patients complain similarly to those that I injected  less fat.   Most patients complain of some soreness after the procedure due to the multiple areas that suffer liposuction.  Pain after this procedure is not significant and most patients complain of soreness,  but again pain is very subjective.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Correlation between fat transfer volume and pain with brazilian buttock lift

+1

This  is difficult to answer as each patient has a different experience with pain during this procedure, but generally speaking the larger volume injections may hurt more due to more stretching of the muscle, skin and soft tissues. The level of pain however may not be that much more with a 400cc compared to an 800cc transfer-at least this has been my patient's experience. The buttock will be sore even if you inject only 200 ccs because the fat is injected quite deep-into the gluteal muscle-and this can be painful.

Discuss this in detail with your plastic surgeon at the time of consultation for more information.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Is the pain after a Brazilian Butt Lift dependent on how many CC's you put on in each cheek?

+1

The pain after a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) depends on 3 factors
- the amount of areas liposuctioned to harvest enough fat for the transfer. The more areas and the more extensive the liposuction, the more discomfort
- The amount of fat placed in each buttock cheek (your question). The fat is placed by slowly injecting fat in many tunnels. The more tunnels placed, the more discomfort AND the more fat placed the more swelling after surgery
- Finally, the pain threshold varies from person to person. While one woman may feel having had 400 cc per cheek was associated with serious pain, others complained of little discomfort with 800 cc and more of fat per cheek. Which one are you?

Good Luck in your decision.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Brazilian Buttock lift

+1

There is a diffeence. To get to the 800 cc of injectable fat you need more areas of liposuction and that will give you more pain that the 400cc with lesser areas of liposuction