Are 'Matrix RF' and 'E-Matrix' the Same Thing?

I see many mentions of Matrix RF on this site. I came here looking for information on e-Matrix, however I don't see very much information. Are these just different names for the same thing?

Matrix RF and e-Matrix are not the same thing

+2

No, they are not the same thing. Unfortunately the company that made these machines (Syneron) chose two procedures that are different and gave them similar names. You can visit their website to see the difference! e-Matrix is a semi-ablative resurfacing procedure, and Matrix RF/IR (formerly called Polaris and WR) is a laser treatment using a diode system and radio frequency. It's very confusing for practitioners and patients too.