Mastopexy Gone Wrong?

I'm 2 mos. post-op from a vertical mastopexy. I feel that my breasts look very bizarre. My nipples point in an upward direction and are placed too high on the breast. Also, my right breast is assymetrically shaped in comparison to the left one. I voiced my concerns to the Dr. at my 3 wk post-op visit. He brushed them aside and said that the nipples had been correctly placed and that the right breast was just larger. Did something go wrong with the mastopexy and if so, can things be fixed?

Bottoming of breasts with vertical mastopexy

Hi...Dr. Tholen has beautifully outlined your problem and the solution.  The vertical mastopexy is sometimes used too much in that it seems that a horizontal incision can be avoided.  This seems to a patient to be great but in your case, there is too much distance from the nipple complex to the crease.  This by definition needs to be addressed and the skin envelope tightened at the crease.  In your case, this would be a larger excision to support the implants that have bottomed.  Your situation is quite easily approached and your ps should give you options and not brush you off.  Perhaps your ps feels uncomfortable in revising your case and you have to accept that he/she may feel that this is the best it can get.  IT IS NOT THE BEST IT CAN BE!!!  Get other opinions.  Seek someone who has a vast experience in breast surgery.  By the way, your revision will NOT be as uncomfortable as the original procedure.  Your muscle is stretched (assuming that your implants are under the muscle) and you just need to tighten the envelope.  Your nipples can be adjusted in position if needed at the time but an anchor pexy would be the answer before your procedure and it is now also.  You might benefit from a vertical inverted V along with the horizontal  excision also but this would be determined at the table .  A second look can be great to have all details addressed.