Is It Okay to Massage the Areas Where the Fat Was Transfered

Its been 2 weeks since I had a mini-face lift with a fat transfer to my cheeks and nasolabial folds. Will this cause the fat to move to other areas of the face?

Massage and fat transfer

+1

It has been two weeks since your fat transfer.  I usually recommend manual massage.  Make sure this is what your surgeon wants but it should be fine.

Dr. ES

Massage after fat injection

+1
You should check with your doctor as they know best which planes they injected your fat. You don't want to spread fat to unwanted areas.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Massage will not remove a fat graft

+1

Massage will not mke fat grafts or transfer move. Some physicians strongly advocate this while others believe it may compress and compromise the grafts. Discuss this with your surgeon prior to starting this on your own.

Massage after Fat transfer

+1

Again, check with your plastic surgeon.  I persoanlly like massage of the liposuctioned site and also fat transfer site.  This needs to be gentle with the aim of mobilizing some of the deeper inflammation and fluid.  Use lotion since your skin becomes very dry after liposuction. 

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Fat Transfer - post operative Massage?

+1

Generally, I do not recommend massage after transplantation.  It bruises the fat cells and only is used if it is lumpy - which should have been resolved during the procedure.   Ask you surgeon his/her preference.

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Massage after fat transfer

+1

I do recommend massage after fat transfer, but you should check with your surgeon first and follow his/her instructions.

Carmen Kavali, MD