Massage After Kenalog Injection, 5 Months Post Rhinoplasty?

I had a Kenalog injection into some swelling in my nose 10 days ago and have yet to see any effect. I have been applying pressure to the area/massaging it in the hope it improves its effect. Is this recommended or should I just let the Kenalog do the work? Thanks

Steroid injection timeline for rhinoplasty swelling

+1

It's absolutely expected that you wouldn't see much effect yet. If the Kenalog is going to work it usually takes a month or more to show results, especially if your surgeon was appropriately conservative with the amount and concentration of the steroid. If I use Kenalog on a patient of mine it's rare that I would advise any additional massage. It's usually best to just let it do its thing.

Good luck,

--DCP

Pearson Facial Plastic Surgery

PearsonFaces.com

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty swelling

+1

Dear Leo93,

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your post operative care. Kenalog injections may take a few months to show any effect. Light massage to the area is okay however it is best to go to your treating surgeon and discuss this with him/her. Have your  surgeon show you how much pressure if any he would allow during the massage so you have a complete understanding. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Massage after Kenalog

+1

It can take 6 weeks to see the results of the kenalog. I recommend gentle massage but check with your surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD