Is it possible to remove a tip graft done to my nose, or can it be shortened? (photo)

Over 5 years ago I had a rhinoplasty and the dr added a tip graft and I do not like it. I feel that it's too pointy and even pointier when I smile. I wouldn't mind having my original tip, if possible. What would my options be to shortening the tip of my nose? NYC doctors especially welcome to answer! Thank you!

Tip Graft Removal To Nose

+1
Tip grafting can be removed through either a closed or open approach.  The issue with tip grafting is that the soft tissues can contract around the graft, creating a visiblity of the graft.  

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to remove a tip graft done to my nose, or can it be shortened?

+1
Yes, a closed rhinoplasty can be used to remove the graft.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Can A Tip Graft Be Removed?

+1
Yes, the tip graft can be removed.  I would remove it through an open approach which would allow me to accurately evaluate your tip modify it to make it look natural and aesthetically pleasing.  Removing the tip graft would shorten your nose.  

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty is an option for removing an unwanted tip graft.

+1
If you're experiencing pointedness and dissatisfaction with your tip graft, it may be removed surgically. Your photos are limited for evaluation.

You may also consider consulting a facial plastic surgeon experienced with the delicate art of performing microdroplet Silikon-1000 injections. Silikon-1000 in an off-label permanent filler that may be used in some patients for minimizing tip imperfections following rhinoplasty surgery.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip grafts and shortening the nose

+1
The diagrams of your surgery show that a double cartilage shield graft was placed through an open rhinoplasty. With the passage of time the skin envelope tends to shrink and the outline of the graft can become more visible. This can be improved by removing the graft through a closed rhinoplasty and replacing it with a more anatomically correct piece of cartilage. This procedure can shorten the tip while giving it a more natural feminine contour.

Geoffrey W. Tobias, MD
Englewood Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing nasal tip graft

+1
Hi. Changing your tip will require an open rhinoplasty, with removal or reshaping of the graft. This can be done to achieve a rounder, less projecting nose. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon