5 Days After my Breast Augmentation Do They Look Normal? (photo)

5 days ago i had my breast augmentation .. natrelle 310cc anatomical implants under muscle... they are still hard as rocks and feel uncomfortable.... do they look normal ? wil lthey fall in place ?

5 Days After my Breast Augmentation Do They Look Normal?

+2

In general, it is normal for breasts to feel very firm in the first week after a breast augmentation. Discomfort is expected, too. Implants often sit a bit high after surgery and pec muscle swelling combines with this to give breasts a weird square-like shape. Implants "settle" as skin and breast tissues relax and swelling resolves. Expect significant improvement in normal swelling and shape weirdness over the first few weeks. Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is very important in the post-op period to make sure you are healing well. Call him or her if you have any concerns.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Post op

+2

you appear to have a very normal post operative appearance. Swelling after surgery is normal and will take a few months to resolve.

Five days after breast augmentation

+2

Your breasts look normal post-op being that they are only five days after surgery. Give it more time for things to stretch out and for the swelling to go down.

+2

Still to early in healing phase to comment. But best to see your chosen surgeon to discuss your concerns. 

Normal Signs After Breast Augmentation

+2

Dear Sabrina,

Thank you for sharing your your photo along with your post and congratulations.

What you have described is totally normal at 5 days post-op.

At this point, your pec muscles are tense as well as your skin; your breast tissue is accommodating to the new situation. It is normal that you feel a discomfort as well as some pain. You need to be patient so mother nature take its course; your implants will settle in their pockets as time passes and you advance into the recovery process further.

What I advise you to do at this point is to follow your surgeon's instructions religiously and make sure that you do not put yourself in positions where possible accidental trauma happens to the operated area.

It is important that you communicate with your surgeon freely as a team that the better its performance is the better the results of your surgery will be.

I hope this helps and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I do not see anything of concern in the photographs you have posted.  Some firmness and discomfort (at this stage)  is to be expected. For more accurate advice and/or reassurance follow up closely with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast Augmentation Appearance

+2

The appearance of you implants look reasonable.  Concerning the feel, this should be soft.  Their position should not change much if at all because they are anatomic. They should settle a bit.

Dr. Es

Early post-op Breast augmentation questions.

+2

At 5 days post-op you are indeed still swollen and tender, and this will resolve over time.

However, you have textured implants below the muscle (an error in choice in my opinion), and if they "work" properly in adherence to the tissues, they are already "in-position" and cannot be expected to drop. Furthermore, when reclining, they remain teardrop in appearance (NOT "anatomical" since natural breasts round out and flatten towards the armpit when reclining). Your incisions are a bit too lateral for my liking; they may show with certain types of bathing suit, and they are too close to the sensory nerve to your nipples. Again, just individual surgeon's choice, but not what I would have recommended.

Firmness is partially related to saline fill (if you have saline implants); if overfilled too much, some degree of unnatural firmness may remain. If underfilled, they will soften, but particularly with textured saline implants, leakage and deflation is more common, because of the tiny low spots and high spots associated with the texture--each breath flexes the implant surface until the weak low spot breaks down and develops a pinhole leak. If you have the cohesive gel textured implants, they are more firm by manufacture, but will feel softer as your surgical swelling goes down. Yet, they will not be as soft as smooth round style 10 moderate profile cohesive gel Natrelle implants, by comparison.

But what is done is done, and you can expect to soften, may (but will probably not) drop into a better position, and could very well end up with a perfectly adequate result that hopefully you will like! But not optimal, IMHO. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/breast-procedures/breast-augmentation

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Appearance 5 days after breast augmentation

+2

It is completely normal to have pressure, discomfort, and a feeling of breast tightness 5 days after surgery. As your muscle, breast tissue, and skin stretches and relaxes, your breasts will feel softer, and the implants will settle creating a more natural appearance.

Thank you for your question and photo! Best of Luck!

Breast implant result 5 days post op.

+1

Thank you for the photo.  It looks like you are healing normally from the operation.  Please follow your plastic surgeons instructions.  Let him/her know your thoughts.  

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/breast-augmentation

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.