5 Days After my Breast Augmentation Do They Look Normal? (photo)

5 days ago i had my breast augmentation .. natrelle 310cc anatomical implants under muscle... they are still hard as rocks and feel uncomfortable.... do they look normal ? wil lthey fall in place ?

5 Days After my Breast Augmentation Do They Look Normal?

For 5 days out after breast augmentation, it appears you are doing well and the feelings you have are normal.  You will be able to follow many changes going forward as the swelling decreases, the tissue relaxes and the implants settle into place.  Wishing you all the best.

In general, it is normal for breasts to feel very firm in the first week after a breast augmentation. Discomfort is expected, too. Implants often sit a bit high after surgery and pec muscle swelling combines with this to give breasts a weird square-like shape. Implants "settle" as skin and breast tissues relax and swelling resolves. Expect significant improvement in normal swelling and shape weirdness over the first few weeks. Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is very important in the post-op period to make sure you are healing well. Call him or her if you have any concerns.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Post op

you appear to have a very normal post operative appearance. Swelling after surgery is normal and will take a few months to resolve.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Five days after breast augmentation

Your breasts look normal post-op being that they are only five days after surgery. Give it more time for things to stretch out and for the swelling to go down.

Still to early in healing phase to comment. But best to see your chosen surgeon to discuss your concerns. 

Normal Signs After Breast Augmentation

Dear Sabrina,

Thank you for sharing your your photo along with your post and congratulations.

What you have described is totally normal at 5 days post-op.

At this point, your pec muscles are tense as well as your skin; your breast tissue is accommodating to the new situation. It is normal that you feel a discomfort as well as some pain. You need to be patient so mother nature take its course; your implants will settle in their pockets as time passes and you advance into the recovery process further.

What I advise you to do at this point is to follow your surgeon's instructions religiously and make sure that you do not put yourself in positions where possible accidental trauma happens to the operated area.

It is important that you communicate with your surgeon freely as a team that the better its performance is the better the results of your surgery will be.

I hope this helps and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I do not see anything of concern in the photographs you have posted.  Some firmness and discomfort (at this stage)  is to be expected. For more accurate advice and/or reassurance follow up closely with your plastic surgeon.

Breast Augmentation Appearance

The appearance of you implants look reasonable.  Concerning the feel, this should be soft.  Their position should not change much if at all because they are anatomic. They should settle a bit.

Dr. Es

Appearance 5 days after breast augmentation

It is completely normal to have pressure, discomfort, and a feeling of breast tightness 5 days after surgery. As your muscle, breast tissue, and skin stretches and relaxes, your breasts will feel softer, and the implants will settle creating a more natural appearance.

Thank you for your question and photo! Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Hi there, you are still very early in your recovery and need to give yourself time to heal before judging your results. Best to you. -Dr. Coan

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon