How Long After Breast Implant (Saline 300cc) Surgery Do the Pec Muscles Calm/come Down? (photo)

I received bilateral breast implant surgery on Dec 2nd 2011. 270cc saline allergan natrelle brand implants filled to 290cc and 310cc, inframammary incision and under the muscle. How long would it take for the pec muscle to relax and calm/come down? They are soft on the bottom but flexed and tough on top. I just hope they become relaxed and heeled by Christmas... Please give me some info on quick recovery and fast healing!

Pec muscles and breast implants

+2

The pectoralis msucles will spasm and be tight the first few weeks after surgery. Gradually over time( it may take a few months), the pec muscles will soften.

+2

Generally I have seen that it takes about 3 weeks for the muscle to begin to relax and then continues until about 3-6  months. Most people until then notice that their breast are pretty firm in the morning after they wake up, get softer during the day, and then tense a bit during sleep. After a few months, the muscle relaxes.

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Pec Muscle Calming Down after Breast Augmentation

+2

So far your results look great. Over the next few weeks, your muscles will get softer and more relaxed.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Recovery?

+2

I think you will find the press will be significant softer  and the pectoralis muscle will have “relaxed” significantly by Christmas. You should notice improvements in these areas on a weekly basis.

I would suggest avoiding heavy lifting/strenuous activity;  continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon. 

Recovery after breast augmentation

+2

After a breast augmentation it takes a number of weeks for the swelling and bruising to subside.  Also, implants tend to take a number of months to settle into their final position, particularly when placed under the muscle.  Scars appear more red early on, and really don't take on their final appearance until about a year after surgery.  It is not uncommon for patients to experience muscle spasms or tightness in the breasts immediately following surgery.  I routinely prescribe a muscle relaxant, such as diazepam, for patients to take for the first few days after surgery.  It is vital for patients to be patient immediatley following surgery in that as you can see, it takes time to heal and for the final results to be seen.

Kelly Gallego, MD, FACS
Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Time for pec relaxation

+1

Please be a patient patient!   You look just about how I would expect at this time.  Usually the pec is relaxed or relaxing after a month or so.  I think gentle massage helps.  Don't set a Christmas deadline.  That's not fair to you or your surgeon.  Every patient is different.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

+1

The best info is from your surgeon and his/her post operative protocols. On average a month for full healing.