Male Butt Augmentation? (photo)

Im a 20 year old male dancer, i would like to enhance my butt by making it larger and fuller. Ive done some research and implants would be my best choice. I weight 150lbs and im about 5'8. Im really worried about some stuff so i have some questions. As a dancer i move alot and make my body do alot of positions, would you be able to see the outline of the implants? (Bending over) Can you feel the outline? Am i too skinny for implants? What can i do? Any advice?

Too skinny for Buttock implants

+2

Dear Eduardo

Silicone buttock implants especially the ones approved for use in the states are on the firm side.

I have had to remove implants on dancers due to the visibility if placed too superficially.

When inserted into the gluteal muscle as they are supposed to be there is less likely hood of visibility.

Buttock implants as any silicone implant can shift one placed into the muscle especially in the case of a dancer.

Since you are thin this seems to be your best option at this time albeit at a higher risk.

If you decide to proceed please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with good experience in this procedure.  Cheers

Buttock implants

+1

Hi Eduardo.

Thanks for submitting your picture. You are the perfect patient for butt implant augmentation. The best technique for you , since you are a dancer , is to place the implants under the gluteal fascia. The implants that are being recommended by me are very soft, they feel and look very natural. Due to the softness of the implants and their placement under the fascia , they are not palpable or visible. You have , though, to consult with a board cerified plastic surgeon who has experience with that procedure and he or she can show you before and after pictures. I do not recommend fat injection. it disappears completely or almost completely after one year.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Implants

+1

If the buttock implant is placed under the muscle and the choice of the implant is not too large there is less liklihood to see the implant. As a dancer you need to allow 6-8 weeks of healing, more if advised by the surgeon.

A small soft silicone rubber implant small size is ideal

Buttock Implants for a man

+1

Anatomically, you appear to be a perfect candidate for buttock implants.

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Hope this helps…RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD