Solution for Male Breast Reduction After Bariatric Surgery?

I am a 26 yr old male. After bariatric surgery, I have sagging breasts. I do 100 push-ups but It does not help.

What is the answer and cost? I had Tummy Tuck but now have excess skin all around waist. I am so embarrassed to undress. Please help me.

+1
Photos would be helpful to evaluate the type of surgery you would need to contour your chest.  You likely have significant sagging skin of the chest requiring skin resection and liposuction to improve the contour.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Male breast reduction after bariatric surgery

+1
It sounds like you may need a circumferential body lift, which would tighten loose skin around your waist and a male breast reduction to tighten the sagging skin in your chest.

The price of your procedures depends on several factors, including the following:

surgeon fees
surgical facility
anesthetist fees

In Toronto, Ontario, the cost of the procedure ranges from $4000-$6000 for your chest and $9000-$11000 for your circumferential body lift. Financing options are available.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Sagging breasts after a gastric bypass

+1
There are several options such as just liposuction or some skin tightening which would depend on what you have and what you are trying to achieve. I normally discuss all the options available with their limitations and try to come up with a plan to meet the patients goals with least amount of expenditure on their part.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Male Breast Reduction after Bariatric Surgery Explained

+1

For males with very large breasts following bariatric Surgery - staged procedures (more than one procedure) most often be required. The first procedure is usually liposuction then several weeks to months later after skin contraction has occurred, a separate procedure is done to remove excess skin. By doing a staged procedure, often the final scars are less.

Oftentimes, specific types of liposuction cannulas are used and often in conjunction with direct removal of excess breast glandular tissue through small incisions for mild to moderate gynecomastia. Other specific techniques can reduce the areola when needed or reposition the nipple to create the appearance of a more natural contour.

In Southern California Male Breast Reduction -Typical Prices Vary on a lot of factors but averages between $5000-$10,000.
Gynecomastia prices vary greatly because the procedure itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents.
My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons   that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them.

Factors that influence the price include:
1. Number of procedures - One procedure or two?
2. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office?

3. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

4. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
5. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how much will be removed, how long is the procedure, etc. In Southern California the range is usually between $5000 and $10,000.

Your comment about the Tummy Tuck that left you with an excess skin apron about your waist is unfortunate and should have been addressed by the abdominoplasty

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Difficult Problem

+1

Firstly, cogradulations for the weight loss.

If you chest has excessive skin, poor quality skin and a low position nipple, then skin excision will be required. You must go to a very experienced plastic surgeon for advice and treatment.

The waist skin sometimes need be excised, also known as a body lift.

good luck

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Gynecomastia after weight loss

+1
First, it's great that you lost the weight. You are raising two issues-dissatisfaction with the extra skin in the midline and the sagging of your breasts. You should return to the surgeon who performed the tummy tuck and ask about revision. If your skin is lax, even though you had an abdominoplasty, additional resection may be required. For the breast sagging, this would require an operation to excise the excess skin and, if necessary, elevate the nipple areolar complex. Nipple grafting may or may not be involved. A board certified plastic surgeon will be able to examine you and present a proposal for surgical treatment. Best of luck!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Surgery after weight loss

+1

You should be proud of yourself for the weight loss.  Unfortunately, after massive weight loss most patients find that they have loose skin.  If you are feeling uncomfortable about your chest, then you will probably benefit from gynecomastia (male breast reduction) surgery.  Different procedures can be performed (removal of the breast tissue as well as liposuction of the chest area) and after your consultation, your surgeon can discuss your options with you. Do your research and make sure the surgeon you choose has experience with this type of surgery and is a board certified plastic surgeon.

Bariatric surgery and its effect on the male breast

+1

Bariatric surgery with its consequent weight loss may have profound effect on the male breast. This usually appears in the form of drooping and loseness of skin. You need to be examined by an experienced  and Board Certified plastic surgeon. In most cases a breast lifting along with a reduction is necessary. It's important to minimize scarring as men are less accepting of chest scars than are women. But corrective sugery on the male chest goes a long way in enhancing the self esteem of the male and make him much more comfortable in taking his shirt off. As is well known, Bariatric surgery is just the first stage of aesthetic improvement. Cosmetic surgery is needed to correct the negative effetcs of Bariatric surgery and its consequent weight loss.

George Lefkovits, MD

Male breast reduction after significant weight loss

+1

There are many options for the male patient in breast reduction after significant weight loss. The most important first step is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience with these complicated patients. Your plastic surgeon will need to assess the quality of your skin to determine if you are a candidate for liposuction alone or for larger resection surgery. If your skin has lost its elasticity and is of poor quality, you will best be served by a partial mastectomy and the creation of a new breast. Discuss at length with your plastic surgeon what you're scars will look like after surgery and where the final position of the nipple will be.

Pat Pazmino, MD