Solution for Male Breast Reduction After Bariatric Surgery?

I am a 26 yr old male. After bariatric surgery, I have sagging breasts. I do 100 push-ups but It does not help.

What is the answer and cost? I had Tummy Tuck but now have excess skin all around waist. I am so embarrassed to undress. Please help me.

Male Breast Reduction after Bariatric Surgery Explained

+1

For males with very large breasts following bariatric Surgery - staged procedures (more than one procedure) most often be required. The first procedure is usually liposuction then several weeks to months later after skin contraction has occurred, a separate procedure is done to remove excess skin. By doing a staged procedure, often the final scars are less.

Oftentimes, specific types of liposuction cannulas are used and often in conjunction with direct removal of excess breast glandular tissue through small incisions for mild to moderate gynecomastia. Other specific techniques can reduce the areola when needed or reposition the nipple to create the appearance of a more natural contour.

In Southern California Male Breast Reduction -Typical Prices Vary on a lot of factors but averages between $5000-$10,000.
Gynecomastia prices vary greatly because the procedure itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents.
My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons   that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them.

Factors that influence the price include:
1. Number of procedures - One procedure or two?
2. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office?

3. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

4. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
5. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how much will be removed, how long is the procedure, etc. In Southern California the range is usually between $5000 and $10,000.

Your comment about the Tummy Tuck that left you with an excess skin apron about your waist is unfortunate and should have been addressed by the abdominoplasty

Difficult Problem

+1

Firstly, cogradulations for the weight loss.

If you chest has excessive skin, poor quality skin and a low position nipple, then skin excision will be required. You must go to a very experienced plastic surgeon for advice and treatment.

The waist skin sometimes need be excised, also known as a body lift.

good luck

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Gynecomastia after weight loss

+1
First, it's great that you lost the weight. You are raising two issues-dissatisfaction with the extra skin in the midline and the sagging of your breasts. You should return to the surgeon who performed the tummy tuck and ask about revision. If your skin is lax, even though you had an abdominoplasty, additional resection may be required. For the breast sagging, this would require an operation to excise the excess skin and, if necessary, elevate the nipple areolar complex. Nipple grafting may or may not be involved. A board certified plastic surgeon will be able to examine you and present a proposal for surgical treatment. Best of luck!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Surgery after weight loss

+1

You should be proud of yourself for the weight loss.  Unfortunately, after massive weight loss most patients find that they have loose skin.  If you are feeling uncomfortable about your chest, then you will probably benefit from gynecomastia (male breast reduction) surgery.  Different procedures can be performed (removal of the breast tissue as well as liposuction of the chest area) and after your consultation, your surgeon can discuss your options with you. Do your research and make sure the surgeon you choose has experience with this type of surgery and is a board certified plastic surgeon.

Bariatric surgery and its effect on the male breast

+1

Bariatric surgery with its consequent weight loss may have profound effect on the male breast. This usually appears in the form of drooping and loseness of skin. You need to be examined by an experienced  and Board Certified plastic surgeon. In most cases a breast lifting along with a reduction is necessary. It's important to minimize scarring as men are less accepting of chest scars than are women. But corrective sugery on the male chest goes a long way in enhancing the self esteem of the male and make him much more comfortable in taking his shirt off. As is well known, Bariatric surgery is just the first stage of aesthetic improvement. Cosmetic surgery is needed to correct the negative effetcs of Bariatric surgery and its consequent weight loss.

George Lefkovits, MD

Male breast reduction after significant weight loss

+1

There are many options for the male patient in breast reduction after significant weight loss. The most important first step is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience with these complicated patients. Your plastic surgeon will need to assess the quality of your skin to determine if you are a candidate for liposuction alone or for larger resection surgery. If your skin has lost its elasticity and is of poor quality, you will best be served by a partial mastectomy and the creation of a new breast. Discuss at length with your plastic surgeon what you're scars will look like after surgery and where the final position of the nipple will be.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Massive weight loss

+1

After massive weight loss you may still have significant breast tissue and fat in the breast area. You probably have excess skin unsdr the arms and may be in the back. All these can be addressed by a breast reduction/lift and may be upper body lift.

The abdominoplasty should have improved on the abdomen now the excess on the flanks and back you need a circumferential lift.

The cost of either upper body lifts or the lower body lifts can range depending on what needs to be done. It can be up to $25K.

Shaping up

+1

Mr. Smith,

Congratulations on your weight loss. The combination of bariatric and plastic surgery can help you regain your form. Despite your efforts to workout (and you should continue to workout) the sagging skin is best treated by gynecomastia surgery. Cost depends on what method is used to recontour your chest, the time to perform the surgery and the cost of the facility.

The best thing to do would be to visit with several board certified plastic surgeons.

Dr.ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Post bariatric problems

+1

You may need a breast reduction (yes a breast reduction), or some lesser operation to remove skin and breast tissue. 

Your abdominal situation sounds like you need to have perhaps a revision of the tummy tuck or conversion to a a 360 by doing the back lift.

Scott E. Kasden, MD