With Lupus is a Blue Peel Dangerous?

WIth lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, low WBC andplatelet count and a high ANA titre, is a blue peel dangerous???

Low WBC count and cosmetic peels

I don't recommend any treatments in patients who have low WBC counts that compromise the integrity of the skin barrier. I would get clearance from an immunologist before you seek such treatments. 

The Safety of an Obagi Blue Peel And Lupus

The risks of an Obagi Blue Peel are low but scabbing, bleeding, and infection are among these risks. Having a low platelet count will increase your risk of bleeding. Having a low WBC count will certainly increase your risk of infection. Therefore doing anything that will compromise the integrity of your skin and increase the risk of bleeding or infection is a risk not worth taking. I would recommend against your having an Obagi Blue Peel until your WBC count and platelet levels return to normal.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon