Lump or Cyst After Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty? (photo)

Had surgery done July 16, today is August 25. So it's been almost around 6 weeks. Doctor told me that I need to massage area rigorously, right eye is lump is prominent, left eye minimal. Doctor told me this should go away in around 2 months, I feel the lump on the right side is becoming less prominent but it seems and feels like a very slow process. I only had 3 small stitches on each eye side. 1. Will the lump really go away, how much longer I wait? 2. Am I a candidate for upper Blepharoplasty?

You have overlapping eyelid muscle

+2

It looks like that you have overlapping eyelid muscle. This should get better with time. It is too early to do revision and you may not need anything if you wait 3-6 months. Please ask your doctor if he/she has done fat injection at the same time?

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Healing form lower lid bleph

+2
A physical exam would be necessary to determine the etiology of the mass. It could be a cyst or simply delayed healing. In terms of upper lid blepharoplasty, I would like to see a photo including your forehead. While your lower lids certainly look like they could benefit from this surgery, frequently, the root case of the upper lid ptosis is sagging of the brows. Best wishes Dr K

+1

Interesting concern and good posted [photos. If this "lump" is improving slowly I might consider a steroid injection to it. But it could be a inclusion cyst vs rolled muscle. If not completely improved by 3 months than I recommend a re operation to see the cause. As for needing upper lids, in my opinion an upper lid blepharoplasty would be indicated. Why was it not done with the lowers? 

Lump under eye after lower lid blepharoplasty

+1

It appears that the lump is a bit of tissue, probably fat.  This will most likely resolve with time.  It is inconveniant, but I would wait a good three months.  At that time , if not resoved, a small procedure will likely take care of it.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com