Squinting Eyes when I Smile? (Lower Eyelid Slants) (photo)

(Age 18 male) I've noticed that when I smile, my lower eyelid comes up a lot, & I don't like this. I'm not sure if it's "squinting" exactly but either way it bothers me. I've provided a photo of just half/part of my face for privacy reasons. Do you see what I mean? I dislike how it slants upward so much. Is there a possible fix? (whether it be botox or surgery, I'd hope & would like to know of any potential fixes) I've also provided an example of eyes while smiling that I believe look more ideal

Smiling lifts your lower lid

+1

and your eyes do look natural and good as they are.  If you're still desiring  a lesser smile, Botox or other toxins will provide you an idea of whether or not you really like that look.  The great thing about Botox is that it will wear off in a few months.  And if you really like that subdued look, consider repeating Botox as  needed.  Find a physician locally and discuss your concerns with them.

Botox can help

+1

This is a natural sign of youth. Surgical fix is not one you should consider. Risk to benefit ratio would be too high, in my opinion, and although it could give you what you desire when you smile, it could leave your eyelid retracted [pulled down] when you are not smiling.

So botox is really your only good option, and it has to be done with very low doses. Higher doses could make the eyelid turn outward or cause you to have tearing.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon