Losing More Than 50 Pounds After Breast Implants?

i weigh 180 pounds and plan on losing a little over 50 pounds over the next year or 2. i dont plan on doing it the unhealthy way or too fast. whenever i gain wight its never in my breast, maybe very little. so if i get implants and lose the 50 pounds will it greatly affect the way my implants look?

Losing weight after breast augmentation

+1

Since you say your breasts change very little with weight loss or gain, my best guess is that your operation would not be compromised by further weight loss. However the most prudent course would be to lose approximately half of the additional 50 pounds and be certain in your own mind that your bra size and breast shape is not changing with the weight loss.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and breast shape

+1

It is difficult to predict what will happen to your breasts after you lose weight.  Most people also gain/loss weight in the breasts.  The envelope may deflate as well with weight loss.

Significant weight loss after breast implants

+1

The skin is a covering and expands to accomodate increased volume. It will retract to a degree when volume decreases but this is dependent on age and the volume decrease. The implant will recruit skin and fill your skin envelope. A fifty pound weight loss will most likely result in lax skin of the breast and compromise the appearance. This can easily be corrected with a breast lift.

Discussion of timing with your surgeon is critical. If you desire the augmentation and understand you may need a lft down the road then this is a reasonable choice. You will enjoy the augmentation during the weight loss process. If you are concerned about additional surgery you are better off waiting until you have lost the weight and doing whatever is necessary at that time. This will most likely be a combination augmentation lift.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Augmented Breast Appearance after Large Weight Loss

+1

The perkiness of the breast is the reflection of a ratio between Breast FILL and SURFACE SKIN ENVELOPE. If the weight loss results in loss of breast volume, this would tilt the relation resulting in less fill and more skin resulting in loss of perkiness and variable breast sagging.

Massive weight loss and the appearance of your implanted breasts: Snoopy or Socky?

+1

This is more than a little weight loss and it is very likely to effect the appearance of your implanted breasts, In some cases women develop the double bubble or "Snoopy" deformity (more common with submuscular implant placement) whereas others will develop the "Rock in the Sock" deformity which is more freqeuntly associated with the subglandular implant location. I would undergo weight loss first and it is quite likely you will require a lift and implants to achieve an optimal result.