What if I Lose Weight After Chin Lipo?

I'm considering chin lipo, I am only 33 so i do not have sagging issues, but if I lose weight later on, will the shape of my face get weird?

Best to lose weight before, not after Chin or neck liposuction

+2

Generally speaking, significant or major weight loss results in laxity of the skin or sagging of the skin as the fat beneath the skin is lost.

Thus if a patient is overweight, Plastic Surgeons usually recommend weight loss to near normal weight before doing liposuction.

If you are not significantly overweight now, then 5 or 10 pounds of weight loss will not likely cause much of a change in skin tone after liposuction.

However it is best to be able to keep your weight stable after liposuction.

Newer Laser Assisted Liposuction techniques such as Slim Lipo have the added benefit of producing skin tightening as well as fat removal. These techniques are particularly good for the chin and neck area (see pics in reference below.)

This additional skin tightening during the course of chin liposuction might offer some added protection against skin laxity if you lose weight after chin or sub mental neck liposuction.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/non-surgical-procedures/laser-double-chin-removal-the-nonsurgcal-neck-lift/

Some changes in chin lipo results after extreme weight loss

+2

Extreme weight loss might affect your facial features but not a 5-10 pounds weight loss. The main areas are the cheeks and the neck if you have excess fat there.If you already had lipo of the neck no major difference should happen.

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/face-lift/

Lost Weight after Chin Lipo

+1

Prior to liposuction you should be at a stable weight. 5-10 lbs lost after your procedure wont affect your face much, however extreme weight lose will affect your features or possibly give you a "saggy" appearance after surgery as the fat was already removed leaving a pocket. Before getting this procedure, get to a desired weight and maintain it for 3-6 months.

"Dr.D

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/plastic+surgery-19/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

It might....

+1

Lipo is best when you are at  a weight you can maintain more or less over time. It is best to get to that "stable weight" point before surgery.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Losing weight should not affect your neck appearance.

+1

Losing weight should not affect your neck appearance much at all.  Some families tend to "carry" the weight in certain areas; the neck is one of those areas. 

Make sure you see someone that offers all different treatments including liposuction, SmartLipo, and neck lifts so that you can get an honest opinion about which procedure you need.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss after chin liposuction

+1

If you are significantly overweight and you plan on losing a lot of weight, I recommend you hold off on liposuction to you chin or anywhere else until you have maintained your lower weight for 3 - 6 months.  I think even 10 or 15 pounds can profoundly influence the fat under the chin in some individuals.  You would not want to be in the situation of having liposuction, losing weight and then having the chin and neck area looking gaunt.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Weight loss after Chin liposuction

+1

After Chin liposuction, if you continue to lose weight you should not affect your ultimate appearance. The two most important factors for a successful result after liposuction to this area are the quality of your skin in the neck and your compliance with the postoperative care. Your best bet is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience with chin surgery and liposuction. They will be able to determine the quality of your skin and if your skin will contract sufficiently to create a great result after the fat has been removed.

Chin Lipo and Weight Loss

+1

I highly recommend Smart Lipo, this procedure will not only remove the fat but will also stimulate collagen/tighten your skin. You are young, you will get a great response from this treatment. If you continue to lose weight, it will only make the result better.

Chin lipo and weight loss

+1

After full maturation of the healing process from the chin lipo (you may see improvement for up to 3 months or more especially with SmartLipo), any changes in weight gain or loss should not make you look "weird" but there may be natural changes depending on how much weight gain or loss that you have.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss after chin lipo in a 33 year old

+1

You are young and your skin will adapt well after liposuction. Even if you lose weight after the procedure, it will not effect the result in any significant way.

Take a look at the picture on my homepage. Its a young 30 year old after neck/chin liposuction.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.