21 Years Old with Ugly Laugh Lines, Forehead Wrinkles and Under Eye Wrinkles...can This Hide It? How Long Will It Last?

That's my question..is there anything I can do that will last?? I wanna be pretty. I feel so ugly :( I just wanna model and look amazing...Alena shishkova is my inspiration. How could I save money for this? How much is it? His often do I need to keep up?? Please help and don't tell me not to do it. I want to do this...

A good consultation is best first step

+1

Dear Sirenamirena,

At your young age, it is important you start learning good habits of taking good care of your skin and making sure whatever treatments you get are done properly and with realistic expectations.  Dollar for dollar, your best first investment is in medical grade skin care products.  A good aesthetician or  dermatologist can help you with that.  Then light doses of botox can help soften up some lines and give you a more refreshed and rested look.  Be very careful using fillers.  They are excellent products if used moderately, not excessively.  Injections under the eyes (which is an off-label use) will help you look more rested and enhance the appearance of your eyes if that is an issue for you. I usually caution against injecting too much in the nasolabial folds.  Botox treatments cost about $250-500 depending on doseage and you need them about every 3-5 months. Filler cost about $500-600 per syringe and one to three visits a year is reasonable.  Best of luck

Sun block and Retina-A to start

+1

At your age, the most important factor in keeping your skin young is using sunblock [SPF45] to prevent wrinkling from advancing at a faster than normal rate. Additionally, a relatively non-invasive way to help the skin stay younger is using retinoic acid cream that increases cell turnover which helps keep skin younger looking.

More aggressive treatments such as skin peels or laser resurfacing can be considered, but not having a photo to evaluate makes it difficult to say whether you are a good candidate...but I would say at age 21, its unlikely that you would need that.

Finally the use of botox can help decrease the rate of wrinkle production as well. Again, its unusual for someone to need it this early, but I've seen some young patients with very fair skin that have spent too much time in the sun already and may be candidates.

As far as pricing goes: different regions of the country may charge differently, and you need to speak to a specific practice to get accurate pricing. As far as botox goes, practices charge between $10-20 per unit, and usually 20-40 units can be used at each visit.

The last thing I want to mention is your mention of the Russian supermodel Alena Shishkova. Having a supermodel as your role model can be less than healthy. Every person is different and has different positive qualities, and setting a near unattainable goal can be quite frustrating and unhealthy.

Good luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

How to look prettier

+1

Dear Sirenamirena,

There are a few things that you can do to maintain a pretty face

1. The first is really good skin care, make sure that your skin is hydrated well and you wear SPF 30 everyday to reduce the appearance of fine lines - our aesthetician does monthly anti-aging treatments, she looks ten years younger that her age
  2. The moisture in the skin will also reduce the appearance of fine lines
  3. Regular gym workouts will also give your face a nice look as you move the blood and get rid of any toxins that build up
  4. Finally, I agree with the other doc, that you can see a great plastic surgeon who will give you an honest opinion for a natural look - you are very young and should be careful when dealing with these kinds of treatments

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

+1

Im sure you are beautiful the way you are. If you're really considering having treatments done, seek a reputable certified physician to get an honest evaluation and can provide the best, natural, and conservative result. Without a photo provided I cant determine the exact amount you would benefit from. I suggest using Juvederm Ultra Plus to fill in the nasolabial folds, this will last anywhere from 6-9 months. For the forehead you can have a few units injected of Botox or Xeomin to help relax the muscles, this will last 3-4 months. Depending on the area you live in the price may vary

Best regards