Pregnant & REALLY Want to Get Rid of Under-eye Restylane, That Looks Like I Was Beat?

I had restylane, 7 months ago before I became pregnant. It always looked like one eye was over-filled, but was told that it will sub-side. Well, now it "sags", looks like a slightly swollen left under-eye, and someone had hit my eye. Plus, blue/purple coloring from the product being applied too superficially. How can I RUSH the dissolution in this area. Other areas dissipate faster, since it moves more. Can I exercise the eye somehow. Is there a safe procedure for me? ANY advice please:)

Pregnant & REALLY Want to Get Rid of Under-eye Restylane

+1

Unfortunately it isn't recommended to have cosmetic procedures while pregnant, you should wait till after you have delivered your baby and your done breast feeding to have hyaluronidase injected. Follow up with your medical provider to further assist you

Pregnant and want Restylane dissolved....

+1

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do until after your pregnancy.  The only thing I would recommend is first: follow up with your provider and second: massaging the area with firm pressure regularly.  This sometimes helps decrease the appearance of the filler. 

Dr. Grant Stevens   Marina Plastic Surgery Associates    Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Removing Restylane

+1

Sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the result of your treatment with Restylane. In general, the side effects of Restylane may include:

1) Swelling
2) Light bruising
3) Lumps or bumps
4) Unevenness or asymmetry

As you mentioned, the blue coloring is due to the filler being injected too superficially (Tyndall effect). The appearance of being "hit" is due to the Tyndall effect combined with swelling. You can't "rush" the dissolution of the filler. And it is not possible to "exercise" the eye to make the filler disappear quicker. It either has to dissolve on its own (which can take quite some time in the tear trough area) or must be dissolved using the enzyme hyaluronidase. However, I would not recommend having this treatment while you are pregnant. It is not likely there would be any issue, but it's always better to play it safe and wait a few more months. At the current time, there is no research proving that this is a safe treatment to have while pregnant. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler removal

+1

It is not recommended to have any cosmetic procedures while you are pregnant, however you may just need a follow-up with your provider. Sometimes massage and/or pressing into the area with a skilled hand are all it takes to smooth out an area previously over-filled.

Sam Naficy, MD

Vitase will dissolve the Restylane

+1

It is not recommended for you to get any cosmetic procedures while you are pregnant.  I would encourage you to wait until after your delivery and have it corrected.

Michele S. Green, MD

Fillers and pregnant

+1

If you are unahppy with your filler around your eyes, the only way to get rid of it is by dissolving it and no one knows what the effects would be during pregnancy so I doubt anyone would do it for you now.

+1

The only way to get rid of the Restylane is to inject hyaluronidase however, I doubt anyone would inject the area while you are pregnant or nursing.  

How to get rid of Restylane

+1

The only way to get rid of Restylane would be to dissolve it with hyaluronidase. I don't know how far along you are in your pregnancy, but we don't recommend you do any type of injectables while pregnant or nursing. Though I don't believe anything would happen, no mother or injector would want to take the risk of harming you or the developing fetus. Best to wait this one out, as there's no other way to get rid of Restylane other than dissolving it or time.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

How to rush the dissolution of Restylane?

+1

Restylane, and all of the other hyaluronic acid fillers, can be dissolved with injection of a medicine called hyaluronidase.  That is the only method to remove the Restylane before it dissolves by itself.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vitrase is not studied for safety during pregnancy.

+1

Generally, there is essentially no cosmetic interventions that are warranted during pregnancy.  The issue is that only minimal or no research has been done to determine if products are safe to administer during pregnancy.  The only treatment that will speed the removal of the Restylane is vitrase.  However, except in very unusual circumstances, I would not recommend the use of this product while you are pregnant or breast feeding.  After these events, then by all means, get the issues with this Restylane treatment resolved.  You might consider getting a consultation regarding what can be done for peace of mind.