CoolTouch, Thermage or Fraxel for Crows Feet?

Which laser is best for crows feet? NO, I do not want Botox, I am looking for a laser or peel to treat lines around the eyes. They are not too deep yet. I tried Ulthera and Total FX, neither improved the eye area.

+1

Thank you for your question. You can try a CO2 laser such as Fraxel for skin tightening around the eye area. I would recommend consulting under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Choosing between CoolTouch, Thermage and Fraxel

+1

We have all three devices, but out of all three I suggest Fraxel Re:store Dual or Fraxel Re:pair to treat crow's feet. Better results will be seen when Fraxel is used in conjunction with Botox or Dysport injections.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Fraxel and Botox for crow's feet

+1

Botox and Fraxel laser treatments complement each other for treatment of crow's feet.  Botox relaxes the muscles while Fraxel stimulates the production of collagen in the smoothed skin. You could try just Fraxel, but the results will not be as effective.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Crows feet best treated by botox, less well by Fraxel laser resurfacing

+1

The crows feet lines that extend from the corner of the eyes are usually related to squinting, or the muscular contraction of underlying muscles that make the overlying skin "crinkle" repetitively.  These type of lines, especially when only seen during muscular contraction are best treated by the muscle relaxing properties of Botox.  Even the lines at rest in this area, resultant from the same mechanism as stated above, respond well to Botox if the treatment is repeated every 3 to four months to prevent the skin from "crinkling" again. 

The sun damaged lines that some people get around the corners of the eyes might improve considerably with Fraxel restore laser done as a series of treatments. Fraxel Repair is more aggressive and takes longer to heal and is usually done once. Thermage, Ultherapy and Pelleve all have produced improvement in some patients with these lines, but not one treatment is universally effective. 

No matter how much you improve the skin tone in the area around the eyelids, once squinting and large smiles occur, the wrinkles resume.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fraxel use for Crows Feet-not the most agressive option

+1

A series of treatments with the Fraxel laser helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, however when you smile you will have crow's feet due to the contraction of the muscles. Another laser that is more aggressive than the fraxel is the Matrix CO2 which could also help minimize the appearance of the lines around your eyes.

Lisa Airan, MD

Best Treatment for Crow's Feet

+1

Hi Lidia,

Neuromodulators like Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are the best treatment for Crow's feet.  For our patients who want the best result for their crow's feet, we treat them with a neuromodulator  a few days before a Fraxel repair laser treatment (fractionated CO2).  We have seen improvement with our patients with Ulthera as well, it needs to be performed properly.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Crows feet treatment

+1

Crows feet that become more apparent when you squint or smile are best treated with Botox. Fine lines and deeper wrinkles that dont move with facial expression can benefit  the most from fractional resurfacing. 

Roy G. Geronemus, MD

Crows feet are best treated with Botox not laser.

+1

Crows feet are produced with the active muscle contraction of the obicularis oculii. By relaxing with Botox this muscle doesn't contract and the crow feet are less.  If you are opposed to Botox you might want to try Belotero for your crows feet. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD