Will Fraxel Make Your Skin Thicker with Collagen Than the C02 Resurfacing Because the Pixels Go Deeper?

I know co2 gives the best erasing of age spots and fine wrinkles but if my skin is actually all over very thin I was wondering if the fraxel pixels actually go deeper than the co2 could do safely and thereby stimulating more collogen at a deeper level resulting in thicker more youthful skin (at least from the thickness aspect)

Fraxel restore laser with multiple treatments can increase dermal collagen significantly

+1

without injuring the epidermis, the Fraxel Restore laser can induce signficant collagen production in one's dermis beneath the epidermis of the skin. Treatments can be repeated monthly for many treatments. The risk of scarring with Fraxel Restore is extremely low and much less than the potential than the Fraxel Repair carbon dioxide laser, and especially the ablative non-fractional carbon dioxide laser, although their safety profile is still very good.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Fraxel vs. CO2

+1

Fraxel repair can go deeper than fully ablative CO2, and therefore theoretically promote increased collagen deposition at deeper layers. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any studies that measure this head to head.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon