At 5'4" and 215 lbs how much weight do I need to lose to be a good candidate for a BBL? (photos)

I am 48 yrs old, 5'4" and 215 lbs. I know I need to lose weight desperately. I'd like to get a BBL now and BL later. Right now my question is about the BBL. How much weight do I need to lose to be a good candidate for this procedure? Because most of my fat is around my middle do you think I will need a TT as well (please see attached photos)? Thanks in advance for your professional opinions.

Depends on the goal you set your mind to: at least 65 lbs less

+3

Thanks for your question. 

Congratulations on your decision of loosing weight. The results are amazingly different for any plastic surgery procedure when patients get on a healthy weight before the surgery. 

It all depends on what's your goal here. With your height I'd tell you try to achieve a goal of 150-160 lbs at least (meaning loosing 65-55 lbs). 

A good thing (and this is merely by judging your photos), is that you seem to have a lot of visceral fat (which is the abdominal fat underneath the muscle and can only be treated with diet), so when you start your regime you'll see big changes in your abdomen as visceral fat is burned exercise and diet. 

Another good thing is that you can also do both procedures at the same time (BBL + BL).

What I usually do is offer my patients very good discounts when they're overweight so it serves as a stimulation and an inspiration to achieve their goal. 

Good luck on this journey, you'll see how proud of yourself you'll be at the end.

Take good care of yourself, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

At 5'4" and 215 lbs how much weight do I need to lose to be a good candidate for a BBL?

+2
     I think that you could lose 30 lbs.  I would find a BBL expert who can liposuction 5 liters and transfer large volumes on a routine basis with great results.  I do think that a tummy tuck will benefit you in the future.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlift procedures each year and produces the results you would expect.

Multiple procedures

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

Base on these, I don't think that liposuction alone will get you close to the results you're looking for.

I do suggest an extended tummy tuck, liposuction in the waist, upper and lower back with fat grafting in to buttocks.

In a second stage surgery I suggest a breast reduction in an anchor incision.

This has to be when you weigh between 160-170 pounds and to get there, you will first have to undergo a bariatric procedure.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD

It depends

+1
There is no specific weight that you have to lose.

But given that you are overweight, it would be good if you lose 15-20 pounds, so you get better results.

Carlos Lopez Collado, MD

Weight and BBL

+1
Losing weight may be a good thing and you may want to have the Bbl performed AFTER you accomplish that goal.  Good luck.