How Long Should I Wait to Ride a Bike or Do Martial Arts After Bridge Rhinoplasty?

how long should i wait to ride a bike without wearing helmet after bridge rhinoplasty? i would like to join again my martial art & karate center so doctors what do you suggest to me how long i wait to join again?

Rhinoplasty and subsequent engaging in bike riding and martial arts

+1

Typically after a rhinoplasty, I recommend waiting around 3 - 4 weeks before pursuing significantly aerobic activities like bicycle riding. For martial arts, all it takes is one powerful hit even after several months - to ruin your result. I suggest that you rethink this activity unless you don't care about the substantial risk of destroying your result by an errant hit.

When can I exercise after Rhinoplasty?

+1

There are three issues to be concerned about when resuming exercise after rhinoplasty: bleeding, breathing, broken nasal bones.

During the first 10-14 days after nasal surgery, exercise can raise your blood pressure and cause bleeding. The most common cause of post rhinoplasty bleeding is young men starting to work out and lift weights too early.

Your exercise may be limited by difficulty breathing through your nose. Even though the outside of the nose may not appear to be swollen, the internal lining may be swollen and limit breathing. Runners may find that they are forced to breathe through the mouth. This is drying to the mouth and lungs. It usually takes 4-6 weeks to breathe normally after a rhinoplasty, especially if the septum was operated on.

When you break your arm, the splint or cast is in place for 4-6 weeks. When I do a rhinoplasty, I leave the splint on for 4-6 days. The nasal bones are not healed when the splint comes off ! I warn my patients not to bump their nose for 6 weeks after a rhinoplasty. In a healthy, young person, the bones are as strong as they will become at 6 weeks.

Richard L. Dolsky MD

Cosmetic Surgery of Philadelphia

Richard L. Dolsky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Post-rhinoplasty care

+1

I want patients to avoid any aerobic activities for about 4 weeks and heavy lifting and the activities you are talking about for 6-8 weeks.

+1

How Long Should I Wait to Ride a Bike or Do Martial Arts After Bridge Rhinoplasty?  From your photo, was a chin implant discussed as an option during the Rhinoplasty surgery?  I tell all my Rhinoplasty patients to avoid strenupus activity for 1 month after their Rhinoplasty.  Avoid contact to the nose during that month as well.

Bike

+1

Wait several weeks befor hopping on the bike but six weeks for nma or whenever you choose to break your nose again

David A. Bray, Sr., MD