How Long Will the Swelling Take to Go Down After Vaser Lipo to the Legs?

I had vaser lipo on my knees, hips, inner and outer thighs 1 week ago. I am still swollen which I know I will be but how long will it take to go down and is there anything I can do to speed it up? The areas are very warm and I can feel all the water around my hips and knees which is quite incomfortable. I take my garment off for 30 minutes each evening to do use my ultrasound. I can see a difference already so once the swelling goes down Im sure it will look even better! Thank you

Swelling after Vaser liposuction

+1

Most of swelling after Vaser liposuction will go down in the first couple of weeks. But it takes several more weeks for all the swelling to go away. I you have a water collection around you knee you should have your doctor remove it. This is called a seroma and it can cause problems if not removed. Wear you garment as much as possible and try to keep your legs elevated. Massaging the area helps.

S Marefat, MD

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.