How Long Will the Swelling Take to Go Down After Vaser Lipo to the Legs?

I had vaser lipo on my knees, hips, inner and outer thighs 1 week ago. I am still swollen which I know I will be but how long will it take to go down and is there anything I can do to speed it up? The areas are very warm and I can feel all the water around my hips and knees which is quite incomfortable. I take my garment off for 30 minutes each evening to do use my ultrasound. I can see a difference already so once the swelling goes down Im sure it will look even better! Thank you

Swelling after Vaser liposuction

Most of swelling after Vaser liposuction will go down in the first couple of weeks. But it takes several more weeks for all the swelling to go away. I you have a water collection around you knee you should have your doctor remove it. This is called a seroma and it can cause problems if not removed. Wear you garment as much as possible and try to keep your legs elevated. Massaging the area helps.

S Marefat, MD

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon