How Long Should You Stay at a Recovery House if You Are Having a Brazilian Butt Lift Done by a Doctor That is Not in Your Area?

I am not asking about the overall time that you would need for recovery of a bbl. I just want to know the minimum amount of time you should be around your doctor following surgery. I am going to Miami, but I live in New York and I want to go back home as soon as possible, but I know I would need a follow-up visit. How long would I need to stay in Miami for the doctor to remove drains, check if my garment is correct, see how I am healing, etc.

Recovery house time.

+2

When traveling to get a procedure done out of your state, we always recommend for you to stay at a recovery home, this way you will have certified nurses and staff that will take care of you and help you with everything.
Its important to stay at least 7 to 10 days for you to attend all of your post-op appointments with your Surgeon. He/She will let you know when it is safe for you to travel back home.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Travel After Surgery

+1
Thank you for your question.  For a procedure of this type, if everything goes well 7-10 days is typically enough when travelling for a BBL.  Your surgeon may have his own policy regarding out of town patients, so this would not be an unreasonable question to ask his staff.  If there are minor postop issues like a seroma, superficial infection or skin healing problem it could require a longer stay.  It is important to discuss postop care in NY with your MIA surgeon to ensure that you have all your bases covered.  All the best!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

No less than 6 days/ ud. requeriria estar con su medico no mas de 6 dias

+1

you would need to stay no less than 6 days with your surgeon in order you may back to your city.

ud requeriria de estar no menos de 6 dias  con su medico para una revision adecuada y correcta

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL aftercare

+1

You need to discuss this directly with your surgeon. No surgeon on this site can answer this for you, as each surgeon has different post-op routines

Matthew Schulman, MD

How Long to Stay in Town after Brazilian Buttlift

+1

While I perform several hundred Brazilian buttlifts each year, my technique will be different from that of another surgeon as will my postoperative regimen.  I think that you would need at least a couple of days before flying although a week or so may be more reasonable.  You should pose this question to your surgeon who knows better what will be performed and your history as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA