Can I Get BBL After I Already Got Butt Implants?

I had 565cc oval shape sub-facia butt implants and I am NOT happy with the results. I wanted much bigger butt and the result I got is very disappointing (bear in mind I'm a big girl 5'9" ). So now that I;ve already had implants, can I still get BBL ?

BBL & Implants

+1
Thank you for your question.  It is possible to combine a fat transfer with buttock implants.  The limiting factors are how much fat you have to transfer and the looseness of your buttock skin.  The fat should not be injected into but around the implant pocket.   Consult with a surgeon experienced in buttock augmentation. All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Larger Buttock Implants Better Option Than Fat Injections

+1

Fat injections can be done into the buttocks even with subfascial implants. But the fat can only be placed right under the skin and its survival is also very unpredictable. There is also the risk that if some of the fat was inadvertently injected into the buttock capsule, an infection was likely result. Thus fat injections now is not going to be good option. Changing to a larger buttock implant size is your only choice, but with existing 565cc implants, the best size increase you are going to get is only about a 30% size increase. The reality is that you can get a better buttock size but it is never going to be what you ideally want...as it is now apparent that your ideal result is not surgically possible.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Fat transfer to the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift) can be done in the presence of buttock implants. One needs to knw where the implants were placed, and how much interferance in the blood supply.

Your fat survival may be less than the avarage patient. In such cases putting smaller amounts at different sessions may be advisable.

Brazilian Buttlift after Implants

+1

Yes, this can be performed if you have adequate fat tissue to perform the fat transfer.  I typically liposuction 5 liters and transfer 1200 cc to 1500 cc or more per buttock depending upon patient demands and anatomy.  You need to find someone comfortable with placing fat around the implants.  Find someone who does the procedure hundreds of times per year and you should be fine.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

Bigger butt

+1

Dear Bubblebuttdreamz,

Sorry that you are unhappy. Please, come to the office to discuss the replacement of your implants with a larger size implants. You can have a 700cc implants or bigger. As far as fat injection, unfortunately, the fat does not remain beyond 6 - 12 month, so you are not going to be happier in the long run. I have operated on many patients who had fat injection to the butt and it completely or almost completely disappeared after the above mentioned period of time. Your best bet is larger implants.

See you soon,

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon