How Long Should I Expect my Vagina & Labia to Be Swollen After Tummy Tuck?

Had tummy tuck 11 days ago, vagina & labia are swollen looks deformed. How long will this last? Is there something I can do to speed up the process. Please help its depressing me

+2

Swelling from tummy tuck surgery is common. Most swelling will travel inferior to the scar and so labial swelling and bruising is to be expected. Wear supportive panties. Only time will fix this. Every patient is different, but your swelling should be improving by the day.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after tummy tuck

+1

In many patients, the vaginal / pubic area can become swollen after tummy tuck / abdominoplasty.  Due to gravity, these areas can become swollen.  In most cases, the swelling significantly improves within the first week to 10 days.  However, if you have persistent swelling, then you may want to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and make sure that there is a not a sermoa or fluid collection under the skin.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Swelling of the labia and vagina 11 days after a tummy tuck is common

+1

Swelling of the labia and vagina are not uncommon following a tummy tuck. Typically, it may take approximately 3 - 4 weeks for most of the swelling to subside though some resolve earlier and others, later. Wearing firm comfortable underwear may help somewhat.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

+1

In most cases this is a dependent gravity effect of fluids draining. If after 3 weeks post op you are still swollen discuss with your operative surgeon. Massage or ultrasound therapy can help. From MIAMI 

Postoperative swelling is normal and will resolve

+1
It is normal for swelling and bruising to form after surgery, and it is normal for these to move down with gravity. Rest assured that it will go away and leave no marks in 2-4 weeks Sincerely, Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Vaginal edema after tummy tuck

+1

At 11 days it is quite common to have labial swelling. If you are currently wearing a garment you should assure that is is not putting pressure on the labia. If you are not wearing a garment then support panties (IE snug fitting) to support the labia and reduce swelling. Most of the time the swelling starts to go away by weeks 2-4.

good luck

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Labia are swollen after tummy tuck

+1

After surgery gravity causes fluid to gather at the lowest portion of the wound, in this case the labia.

Moreover, many surgeons do liposuction in this area as part of the abdominoplasty to decrease fatty deposits. This area does tend to swell and bruise a good deal all on its own.

The swelling will eventually disappear without your having to take any special measures.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon