Tummy Tuck Incision in Pubic Area, Too Low. Can This Be Fixed?

3 Years Ago I Had a Tummy Tuck, but my Doctor Made my Incision Way Too Low Cutting Some of my Pubic Area off. it looks really unatural to me, and ive been uncomfortable with it, from the look of the picutre can it be reversed? do i have enough skin or pubic area left to bring this incision up so that i will have a more natural pubic area?

Low tummy tuck scar

+3

Your scar is low, but it is well placed considering the styles of clothing, undergarments and bathing suits worn today. It does not appear as if there is enough skin to significantly reverse the scar, but  you won't know that for sure until you have been reevaluated by a PS.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Incision Too Low for Tummy Tuck / Abdominoplasty

+2

While most patients do prefer a low incision for tummy tuck / abdominoplasty, it does appear that your incision was placed too low for your anatomy.  Without examining you in person, it is impossible to know if you have enough pubic laxity to raise the incision.  However, I think a combination of raising the incision and aggressive liposuction of your anterior abdomen and flanks can give you a nice result.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Tummy Tuck Incision in Pubic Area Too Low. Can This Be Fixed?

+2

I agree with the other commentators that most patients prefer a lower incision.

In your case, however, the scar does appear somewhat low. It is likely that now that 3 years have passed your pubic area could be raised - exactly how much would depend on the remaining skin laxity in this zone.

It would definitely be worth seeing a plastic surgeon to find out how much improvement you could expect.

Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Low incision from a tummy tuck - can it be adjusted?

+2

Your scar has healed well though it may be slightly low. It may be able to be elevated higher as you would like but this would depend on the laxity of your mons right now. You may be able to test this by trying to push the hair bearing mons higher but the best way to accurately ascertain this would to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Revision after tummy tuck

+2

From the photo it appears that you do not have very much skin over your pubis thus making it very unlikely that you would have enough to raise your scar by any significant amount. good luck

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Moving the Tummy Tuck Incision

+2

It's not often that a patients asks to raise her tummy tuck incision. If additional skin can be removed from above the incision, this can raise the hair bearing area of the pubic region. Hard to tell from the pictures, but I would reconsult with your plastic surgeon if available, or get a second opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Tummy scars

+2

You have a well placed tummy tuck scar that has healed beatifully- despite the tendency of patient's with your skin type to develop thickened scar - your scar is perfect ! I think its reasonable to have some liposuction done to your abdominal wall to improve the contour futher. 

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS