How Long Do Breast Hurt After a BA?

I have 425 saline mod profile unders in both breast. My right is filled to 450 and left filled to 490. Its been eight weeks since surgery and my left is still pretty sore. The implant is feels a little to overfilled and my crease is a little lower then the right. It hurts in the lower part of my breast along with my ribs on that same side. My right feels good, no pain or soreness. Is this normal and how long will it last?

Breast pain after breast augmentation is unusual at 8 weeks after surgery

+4

Thank you for your question. Typically pain after breast augmentation is mostly resolved after 3-4 days with sub-glandular augmentation and by 10-12 days after sub-muscular breast augmentation. Please see your plastic surgeon for an examination and ask the surgeon if he or she detects any abnormality that could be causing pain. If the breast that hurts feels tighter or firmer than the other side and could be a capsular contraction forming.

Breast Implant Surgery

+1
Pain is a very personal thing and everyone experiences it differently. I think the first week should be sore, the second week should be a nuisance and after that certain movements should cause pain

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

How long should I hurt after a Breast Augmentation?

+1

You will typically experience pain from 1-4 days, you may have some residual muscle spasms for a few weeks though. Typically the swelling resolves in 6- 8 weeks. I tell my patients to wear a bra for support for the initial 6 weeks and that should help with your discomfort as should your post-operative massages. If you continue to hurt more than you expect please follow up with your surgeon ASAP.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast discomfort after implant surgery

+1

It is quite common to have some discomfort after breast augmentation surgery. It usually improves over a week or two but can last longer.

Pain after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Discomfort after any type of surgery will vary from one patient to another depending on many factors including patients' pain threshold, the exact procedure performed, the amount/extent of dissection necessary, surgical technique…

The majority of patients who undergo breast augmentation surgery have significant discomfort for the first 2 to 4 days after surgery.  This discomfort (and requirements for pain medication and muscle relaxant) decreases rapidly on a weekly basis.

Given that your breasts is still “pretty sore” after 8 weeks,  you may want to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for evaluation. He/she will be in the best position to advise you.