How Long Before I Can Consume Fruit Juices After Tumescent Lipo?

I'm 2 days lipo post op. I would like to start drinking fruit juices and green tea. How long before I can begin to drink these? Thanks

Most liposuction patients can resume a normal diet the day of surgery.

+1

My liposuction patients resume a normal diet the day of surgery, but I use the safest method for liposuction (local anesthesia using the tumescent technique). Those who choose to have general anesthesia should check with their anesthesiologist and surgeon to see when they are ready to eat normally.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

What to drink after liopsuction?

+1

It sounds like you are trying to wanting to be healthy and go all natural. I wish we all could have those goals!

When searching for the ideal beverage, pause for a moment and think of what all the animals (that have been weaned) drink.

WATER.

So there is your answer of what is the healthiest drink. Always, including before or after liposuction. One might flavor it with a little lemon or lime but avoid artificial sweeteners.

Green tea is good but it only contains antioxidants if you brew and drink it immediately. So avoid the refrigerated stuff.

So what about fruit juices? They used to sound great until people started looking at the calories and how this form of sugar also causes an insulin spike.

Finally, I recommend you go ahead and eat fruit but limit your drinking of fruit juices.

And enjoy your favorite ice water. Let your thirst be your guide as to how much is enough.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Anytime

+1

There is no restriction.  It is good to drink plenty of fluids (juices - preferably low carb- and tea are fine) after liposuction to keep yourself well hydrated, replacing fluid losses both into the tissues and out the incisions. 

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon