Discouraged by Lipo Swelling, Will It Go Down? It's Been 4 Weeks.

I am 4 weeks out from tumescent lipo of the abs and hips today. I went to a top surgeon in NYC but my problem is that 4-5 days after the procedure I looked amazing, I had the waist I always wanted. Within about five more days I puffed up and I don't look much better now than I did before the procedure. I am freaking that I wasted money and I don't understand how I could have looked that good after 4 days and like this after 4 weeks.

Swelling after liposuction is normal.

+1

Any type of liposuction is going to cause swelling in the area that was treated.  This swelling may take several months to fully correct and contour to the final result.  If you liked the results in the early days after surgery there is a very strong chance this is what your final result will look like.  Be patient and follow up with your doctor so he can examine you to be sure there is no underlying bleeding or fluid collection.

Swelling

+1

please give it some time.  liposuction is tremendous blunt trauma to the body. it takes a long time to see the final results.  you are still early in the recovery process. wear your support garments and be patient

Newark Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and 4 weeks

+1

If you liked the results just after surgery, then more than likely you are experiencing swelling. Commonly it can last several months.  Give it time.

You should definitely see much of liposuction result at one month.

+1

Hi.

The sequence of event you describe is most unusual.  If the swelling you describe is localized, you could have had some bleeding.  See your surgeon right away.