How Long After Ultherapy Do I Need to Wait Before Getting Lip Waxing?

I had Ultherapy 3 days ago. How long must I wait before I get the area above my lips waxed?

Waxing after Ulthera

+2

One of the many great things about Ultherapy is the lack of downtime.  You can continue with your usual activities and get your lip waxed the next day, if you wanted!

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Waxing after Ulthera (Ultherapy) can be done immediately after treatment

+2

There is no reason to stop doing anything you normally do after Ulthera. There is no downtime.  If you use Retin-A or similar, you should wait about 4 days after stopping to get waxed, but this has nothing to do with Ulthera.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Normal waxing regiment after Ulthera

+1
Luckily with this great procedure there is minimal to no downtown related. Immediately you will feel some tingling, slight tenderness, and possibly some numbness, so it would be your own comfort level with the waxing and what you are experiencing with the Ultherapy response on your skin.

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Downtime and recovery after Ulthera in Los Angeles with Plastic Surgeon

+1

There is no appreciable downtime with Ulthera and we encourage our Ulthera patients in our Los Angeles office to resume normal activities within hours of their procedure. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Ultherapy safety and lip waxing

+1

Lip waxing might be approved by the doctor performing your Ultherapy for the next day, however, if there was the utilization of the 1.5 mm. superficial transducer, and if welts had occurred and persist, then the skin might be more susceptible to injury by the waxing. Please be sure to check with the provider, after you have the Ultherapy as to when you can have the waxing.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Waxing and ulthera

+1

Ultherapy allows you to go on with your daily routine immediately after your treatment. You can get your lip waxed any day now.

Carlo Honrado, MD

Lip waxing after Ultherapy

+1

Because there is no disruption in the surface of the skin, there is no downtime following Ultherapy.  Therefore, it should not be a problem for you to get your lip waxed immediately after Ultherapy.

Ritu Saini, MD