How Long After a Hysterectomy is It Safe to Get a Mommy Makeover?

Would it be more than 8 weeks between procedures? Is it safe to have a scheduled hysterectomy and mommy makeover performed at the same time? 

+1
It is more and more common to get a tummy tuck at the same time as a hysterectomy.  Although it seems there is a slight increased risk of infection, it is not so high that I discourage the combination.  It is just a matter of being well informed.  I would generally not recommend also adding a breast procedure at the same time.

Mommy makeover, hysterectomy breast surgery tummy tuck

+1

Hi,

If your OB-GYN doctor feels that the combination procedures are safe for you, then it would be my recommendation that you do the combination procedure. 

Unless you are very large or need a breast reduction, then breast and body surgery can all be done at the same time.  I do not feel that an extra hour or so on your breasts combined with the tummy tuck and lipo would cause much of a difficulty.  I understand that it sounds risky but you need to compare this to multiple anesthesia risks.  These too can be argued are very small.

Case by case basis.  If you are a smaller mom with a 1 1/2 hour tummy tuck and an hour breast surgery, why not.  If you need more extensive body contouring and breast contouring, then perhaps break them up. 

There is no question as far as cost that a combined surgery will save a significant amount of money but this should not be the primary reason for combining. 

Web reference: http://www.theplasticsurgerygroup.net/photo-gallery/results.cfm?CFID=3554106&CFTOKEN=d070d0adac62d4c5-3742689E-782B-CB77-9FC7D67

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Hysterectomy Together?

+1

Assuming you are in good health and medically “cleared” for a longer procedure than these two procedures can be  safely done at the same time.  I would personally  not do more than these two ( for example no additional breast surgery)  at the same time.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Combining a mommy makeover and hysterectomy

+1
Combining a hysterectomy with an abdominoplasty is safe and frequent procedure. If however, you wish to add breast surgery such as a breast lift or breast augment, it might be best to wait and do the breast surgery a few months after the abdominal surgery. Too much surgery at one time will increase your risk of complications. Also doing the procedures separately might save you some money since the breast surgery can be done in an out-patient facility.
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover and hysterectomy

+1

The most common aesthetic procedure that is performed at the same time as a hysterectomy is an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)  If the patient is deemed by the plastic surgeon, to be a good candidate from a health and safety standpoint.  These two procedures can be combined effectively.  If the procedures are to be done separately, I would suggest waiting several months between the hysterectomy and the abdominoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.drsimonplasticsurgery.com

Hysterectomy and mommy makeover

+1

That would depend on what your definition of mommy makeover is and what type of hysterectomy you have. I think most plastic surgeons would be willing to do a tummy tuck at the same operation as a hysterectomy. I don't think most plastic surgeons would be willing to place breast implants at the same time as a hysterectomy. I for one would be worried about infecting the implant.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Mommy Makeover and Hysterectomy

+1

If you are in good health, I would usually perform your mommy makeover at the same time as your hysterectomy. This creates only one recovery period and may reduce hospital fees as insurance usually will pay for your time in the hospital. Coordination is important between your surgeons and total operating time would be a factor in making the final decision

Mommy makeover

+1

Do the Hysterectom and abdominoplasty together. The second procedures are cleaner less infection, Do the beast may be liposuction if you need it.Each surgery 6-8 weeks apart or when you are physicaly and psychlogicaly ready.

Choose your surgeons carefully. Patient safety comes first.Not necessarly the fastest that can do all in one cession, regardless of results and patient safety.

Mommy makeover combined with multiple other procedures

+1

A mommy makeover usually takes four to five hours.  A hysterectomy usually takes 2 hours or more.  I have done many tummy tucks with a hysterectomy without problem.  I have not done a mommy makeover with a hysterectomy because I do not want the entire procedure to be over five to five and a half total hours.  You could do the tummy with your hysterectomy and do the breast surgery later.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Safer to Stage Procedures

+1

A mommy makeover generally includes, at a minimum, a tummy tuck and breast augmentation/lift. I understands the benefits of one anesthetic and recovery, but when you add the complexity and risks of the procedures together, I believe the risks outweigh the benefits. These risks include, infection, bleeding, and blood clots. Just because they can be done together does not mean they should be. Safety first!  Eight weeks between procedures would be more than enough. Good Luck.

Vacaville Plastic Surgeon