Natrelle 68mp Saline Overfilled for 330 Cc Bag??

Hi , I got my breast augmentation about a month ago. My left breast is smaller than my Right. I talked to my ps and he told me to wait at least 3 months to let things settle down. If my left one is still smaller by then he will fill in more saline on the left. But I'm just wondering if how much more cc you could fill in to the breasts as I got natrelle 68 mp 330 cc filled to 360. Can you fill in more than 360?Like to 390?Please help. Ps I want to go a little bigger than my current size now.

Overfilling saline implants has some risks

+1

Your surgeon can overfill the implants to really any degree but they will feel harder and look rounder and edgier the more overfilled they are.  Remember too that he needs to reoperate on you to do this and this exposes the implant to the rare potential of infection.  This would be disastrous because the implant will need to be taken out.  So be sure you really need this and don't take it casually.

Wait for final result before adding volume to implant.

+1

If your surgeon is suggesting filling the implant it may be a good opetion, however, you should wait for the final result of the augmentation before revising anything.

Overfilling saline implants.

+1

Overfilling of saline implants is common and usually around 10% of the baseline fill volume. If you fill more than 10%, the implants become firmer and more "roundish." If you need significantly more volume, placing an implant with a larger base volume makes sense. Filling beyond the maximum volume indicated on the implant may violate the warranty of the implant from the manufacturer. Regardless, I agree with waiting 3 months to see how everything settles as you may simply have more swelling on the apparent larger breast.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Overfilling saline implants

+1

It will likely be okay to add some more saline to your implants.  One downside is that the implants become a little rounder and a little firmer.  Your plastic surgeon will have to make the call.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Saline implant overfilling

+1

I agree with your plastic surgeon.  I would await about 2-3 months for swelling to come down before filling your implant again.  Normally, I would overfill saline implant about 10%.  I think you can add another 30cc to your current size.  However, please know that as we overfill the implant, the implant will get firmer, although the rippling will lessen.

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast Implants and overfilling

+1

You can add another 30 cc's to that implant, but that is about all.  It will make that implant a little more firm than the other, but that may not be noticeable.  If you really want to be bigger on both sides ,then you will probably need to change the implants.  Usually you would want to go up 2 or 3 sizes in implant to make a noticeable difference.  You may also want to consider using a different profile of implant that may fit your chest better.

David H. Bauer, MD
Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

Overfilling Breast Implants

+1

Overfilling saline implants actually has two benefits. 1) It reduces rippling by increasing the amount of contact the saline has with the shell and 2) helps achieve symmetry between two breasts. In my practice I always overfill saline implants by about 10%.

The real question you need to answer is not whether you want to add an extra 20 or 30cc to your left implant,(which would be safe to do) but will you be happy with your size once everything has settled down. If the answer to this question is no, adding 20-30cc more may make your breasts more symmetric but will not achieve the size you wanted.  However, going larger also comes with its potential pitfalls. This is something you will have to discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Do I need to fill my implants more?

+1

I would agree with the recommendation of your surgeon and would have you wait a few months to allow for swelling to reside and to let the implants settle.  After that, he/she can decide if you need to differentially fill the implants to adjust for pre-existing asymmetry. 

A recent study looked at a large group of women's breasts and noted that a majority had some degree of asymmetry.  As such, it is not uncommon after surgery to notice pre-existing asymmetry especially if both implants are filled with the same amount of volume. 

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Overfilling implants

+1

Sometimes implants need to be overfilled to match the volume between the two implants.  That volume is determined during an exam.

Overfill of Saline Implants

+1

I agree with the approach of your plastic surgeon.   I commonly overfill saline implants by 10-15%.   I also know surgeons who will routinely fill 20-25%, which is well above 390.  I do not think you will increase your chance of rupture or implant related complication by adding 30cc to your natrelle 68mp.   All the best in a safe recovery.

Paul S. Gill, M.D.

Gill Plastic Surgery

Houston Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Paul S. Gill, MD