How Long After Blepharoplasty Can I Have Smartxide Dot Laser Treatment?

hi on friday im having upper and lower eye lid surgery. i would also like smartxide laser after. is 2 weeks after surgery enough time to leave. im told my stitches in my eyes will be dissolved after a week and full healing and bruising gone within 2 weeks. i knows my eyes are well protected from the laser so not worried there. any advice please?

Wait 6 weeks after Blepharoplasty for LASER tx

+2

Very thin skin or skin and muscle flaps are usually raised in Blepharoplasty procedures which can compromise the skin's vascular supply. I recommend waiting 6 weeks for the incision to heal and the skin flap to establish deeper vascular supply before treating with a fractional CO2 LASER. I would also recommend conservative settings to avoid unpredictable skin contraction as the Blepharoplasty results are not final for 3 months and premature stressing of the traumatized skin can cause exuberant scarring and contraction.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser treatment a month after blepharoplasty

+1

It is probably best to wait at least a month after any eyelid surgery.  This allows for the swelling and edema to settle down prior to undergoing any laser treatments.