3 Months After Upper Blepharoplasty, Scars R Irritated and Red, Oc - What is the Best Cream, Treatment? (photo)

3 months after upper blepharoplasty, scars are irritated and red, occasionally when squint - hurts a little. recently started itching..Problem is the my surgeon is in the States and I am back in the UK now. Need to find a solid advice as to how to make scars start fading and becoming more smooth, less textured. Please advise. Thank you.

Scars after blepharoplasty

+2

I must say that the scars seem somewhat long, beyond the corner of the eye.  I recommend a sun screen and, perhaps, 1% hydrocortisone cream to the area on the cheek.  The scars will fade with time.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Scar after blepharoplasty

+2

At 3 months, it's still relatively early in the scar maturation process. I typically put my postop patients on BioCornium which is a silicone based gel with SPF. Just be careful not to get in your eyes. Gentle massage with your fingers will also help. Even in UK, you can still find reputable plastic surgeon for advice and treatment.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery 

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Hello

+2

There is a lot of over the counter scar therapy you can use that can improve your scars. We have Bio Cornium, scar guard many other things that can improve. It takes 6-9 months for the scar to mature naturally.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Blepharoplasty scars

+1

Thank you for your question about your blepharoplasty scars.

• Visible blepharoplasty scars can take a year or more to fade.
  • Your scars are lower and longer than usual which is why they are so visible.
  • Wear dark glasses that block uv light. Sun exposure keeps the scars red.
  • Sun block and eye cream are fine if they don't irritate the eyes or the scar.
  • The scars do not look thick. Steroid is likely to make them wider and redder.
  • Concealer and make up are probably best as you wait for the blepharoplasty incisions to fade. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Maturing Scars after Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty

+1

I would recommend massaging the scars a few times per day. The mechanical motion can speed up the fading of the redness. Also, a silicone based gel cream once per day can speed things along. Hydrocortisone cream or strips with steroid (Cordran) can help with irritation or itching. They will get much better with time.

Michael Horn, MD