Lower Blepharoplasty with Muscle Suspension?

I had lower blepharoplasty with muscle suspension 10 days ago. it seems like the muscle has been pulled more than it is supposed to and i do have a small tuck, bumpy extra skin at the end of my eyes. Also the stitches are gone very beyond where my eye lids can cover them. Are the stitches going to show later?Can you please tell me that based on your experience is it a bad job done or is it swelling and it will go away after some time?My doctor said it will get flatter eventually.

Recovery from Blepharoplasty with Muscle Suspension

+1

Slight tuck and bumpiness can occur shortly after a procedure such as you had. These areas flatten and fade with time. The incisions fall in natural creases and become well hidden as time goes on (usually virtually imperceptible). Although it looks good after surgery, it looks great in 3-6 months to a year once all of the healing is finished.

Suspension blepharoplasty

+1

Pix would help. But based on your description your course so far is as expected. The incision will disappear and the small fold, or tuck will smooth out. Right now it should and does look exaggerated but it is normal for such short period after surgery.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower blepharoplasty and bump

+1

Often with suspension, the tissues get cinched in the corner.  This commonly happens and then settles over a few weeks. Incisions are designed to fall into natural creases, so in general these will fade quite well in most cases.

After blepharoplasty with bump.

+1

Your surgeon is correct.  This is swelling and will go away in 6-12 months if not sooner. 

Don't worry....way too early

+1

Obviously without actually seeing a photo, its hard for us to give an opinion, but based on your description, I think that your surgeons response is appropriate regarding the "the small tuck". It will flatten with time.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon