Blepharoplasty and Browpexy Recovery and Travel Plans?

This may be a ridiculous question but I am having Blepharoplasty and Browpexy surgery the week before I go to Disneyland. I am a 50 year old woman who heals quickly. Would there be any damage done to my eyelids if I were to partake and go on rides 7 days after surgery? Any advice would be greatly appreciated…

Blepharoplasty and Browpexy Recovery

+1

Hi.Many patients do not, but you may get some bruising from your eyelid and brow surgery. If you do, it may last a week or maybe two. You can take arnica before and after surgery to reduce risk of bruising and speed resolution if you do get any. It would be wise not to go on amusement rides 7 days after surgery. I tell patients to avoid exercising and other activities which may speed heart rate and raise blood pressure for two weeks after surgery.Good luck!

Browpexy and blepharoplasty

+1

I would not recommend going to Disneyland one week after surgery.  You will more than likely be bruised and swollen.  Exertion may cause more bruising and swelling.  I usually have patients wait 3-4 weeks before starting light exertion acitivities.

Recovery after blepharoplasty and browpexy

+1

I admire your spirit and planning however 7 days after eyelid and eyebrow surgery is too soon to go to amusement park. This does not mean you should hide inside the house. Generally, I keep the patient from exercises and strenuous activities for 10 to 14 days after these type of surgery. If you are going to Disneyland just to walk around that's ok, but I imagine you are going on rides and Disneyland is typically quite crowded and unexpected things can happened in such place. Why take the chance to affect your result?

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

You should not be going to Disneyland 5 days after surgery. You can change your results dramatically. I would reconsider.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Too early for Disney

+1

In my opinion, one week postop is not enough healing time for you to go on Disney rides. You will be jostled, bumped, spun and all these things are risky that early after surgery. I would recommend rescheduling either Disney or the surgery.

But....you should listen to your surgeon. He/she should be the most important person for you to ask these questions.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty recovery- don't push it and everything goes right. Push it and chemosis will haunt you

+1

Dear Danio,

I feel very strongly that for two weeks after any procedure involving the lower lid, you should not read, email, drive or expose your eyes to wind.  In reality my patients usually feel better much earlier but there is always some component of dryness after blepharoplasty.  If you are careful it never becomes a clinical issue but if you go on rides at disney just one week after you are at risk for backtracking and developing chemosis- inflammation of the conjunctiva.  In my opinion it is not worth it either reschedule the surgery or reschedule disney.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Facial surgery and travel

+1

It is quite common for patients to come to the Los Angeles/Beverly Hills area for their surgical procedures.  Generally speaking, assuming all goes well, a trip to Disneyland 1 week after surgery should not affect your healing significantly, assuming you are just walking around and not going on ambitious rides.  However, your surgeon will have specific recommendations that you should discuss with him/her about depending on which approach/technique he/she plans to use for your blepharoplasty and browpexy.  Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD