Laser Burns in my Under Arm, What Can I do? (photo)

hello this what happen to me in the second sessions of my laser removal hair , it's take 3 days until it became like this the doctor told me that is laser burns and prescribe me a ( mometasone furoate ) cream twice daily for 2 weeks and the burns will Disappears and the area will become lighter now am scared that this will leave scared for life , what to do ?

Burns and Pigmentation require precise care

+1

I also agree that gentle skin care and meticulous sun protection are key. I always challenge my own skin (I like to experience everything personally so I can tell my patients the truth) and experienced similar burns on my arm.

I treated with a low potency steroid for one week to quell the inflammation, followed by Biafine (a healing emulsion) three times a day for 2 weeks, and sun protection. I pigmented for 8- 10 weeks. Now, 6 months out, I am pigment and scar free!

I hope that helps. Please let us know how you do.

Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon

Burns after laser hair treatment

+1

I agree with the other physician.  Even a small amount of sun exposrure prior to the treatment can cause problems such as this.  Also be cautious of sing the steroid cream for long periods of time, as it can affect the skin architecture.   If the hyperpigmentation persists for several months, there are different modalities, including laser treatment, to improve the appearance of your affected areas.

Laser Burns Under your Arms

+1

First of all I would make sure that your doctor is using the correct hair removal laser for your skin type and that you are not tan in that area when you go for your treatment. It is unclear from the photos as to whether or not you have blisters at this time.   Once the skin has healed, you can try a bleaching cream to help the brown discoloration fade.   The most important factor is using the correct laser with the correct settings for your skin type so that this will not happen again.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist