3 Sessions of Laser Hair Removal is Too Late to Change my Mind?

I am doing the full brazilian and I had 3 sessions already. I am having seconds thoughts about it, and I wonder if it is too late to switch to an extended bikini instead. Between sessions it had been growing back but weakly and slower. My 4th session is in three weeks, and I wonder if it is too late to change? Thank you

Laser hair removal change of mind

+2

Yes you can change your mind.  It takes multiple treatments for hair removal because we are only able to treat a certain percentage of follicles with each treatment.  Therefore, the hair follicles that were not treated will continue to grow.  With only 3 sessions, you should still have a fair amount of hair growth.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's not too late to change your mind about where you would like to be treated with laser hair removal.

+2

It is not too late to change your mind about where you would like to be treated. With each laser hair removal session, about 20% of the hair does not grow back in the treated area. So with 3 sessions you probably have about a 60% hair growth reduction in that area. With that said, just treating the outer part of the bikini area is no problem. At Aesthetic Solutions, we use the gold-standard GentleLase and GentleYag hair removal devices. We always encourage patients to discuss their hair removal laser progress with their physician's office to ensure the best possible results.

Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

It depends on the amount of hair that was removed by laser

+1

In my office, a good majority of hair is permanently removed by the third treatment.  You bikini may grow back uneven now.  If you are really serious about switching then discuss it with your physician and don't get treatment in that area for now.  You will know in a few weeks if it is too late.

Never too late

+1

As the above doctors had mentioned, changing your mind won't really afect the results.  You will see a difference in the areas, but overall they will blend in over several treatments.

Laser hair removal can be switched to the bikini area

+1

You can change your mind but will probably have some hair reduction from your 3 treatments.  If the hair reduction is too patchy, you could continue to have the rest of the hair removed.

Toronto Dermatologist