Post-Baby, Can I Do Liposuction or Do I Need a Tummy Tuck?

I am a 29 year old mom of three. I am 5'2" and currently 136 lbs, my waist 37" presently. I have a 5 week old son and normally are 128-130 lbs. I have a lot of stretch marks and loose skin below belly button and stretch marks along the sides. My belly button is also misshapen. I want a flatter more contoured stomach to match my active lifestyle. I am OK with living with stretch marks and am more concerned with how I look in clothing versus naked or in a bikini. Will a reputable doctor do lipo?

Liposuction versus Tummy Tuck after Babies

Dear Heatherm716,

You are an ideal candidate for tummy tuck.  This procedure is usually performed with some liposuction as well.  In addition to removing fat, a tummy tuck removes redundant or extra skin, and tightens the abdominal muscular wall, neither or which is affected by liposuction alone.

Please consult with a few doctors certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.