Will Liposuction of my Legs Change my Butt?

I have a larger lower half and am deeply considering liposuction of my legs (especially ankles), how will this effect my butt? It seems like my thick legs help hold up my thick butt - I dont have the desire for my butt to change, just my legs. Are there any large issues I should be thinking about?

Liposuction of the legs can make the buttocks stand out more.

+2

Liposuction of the legs and thighs can make the buttocks stand out more sometimes but usually it doesn't.  If you gain weight later, more of the fat will go to the breasts and buttocks than the legs.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of the legs and thighs to enhance and not detract from the buttock

+1

Selective liposuction of the legs with lipoinjection can enhance the appearance of the buttocks by contouring in the inner and outer thighs and blending the contour between the hip and greater trochanter (saddlebag). However excessive liposuction in the banana roll or central 1/3 of the thigh can produce sagging and loss of support to the buttock with a droopy butt appearance.

Liposuction of Legs

+1

Liposuction of the calves, ankles should have no bearing on buttock aesthetics.    If you choose to contour your inner and outer thighs, your buttock may actually be accentuated.   I recommend that you consult with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to learn what can be offered to provide you with an ideal result.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Liposuction of legs may make buttocks appear larger.

+1

Liposuction results are about proportions.  When one area is liposuctioned it is reduced in size and if the surrounding areas are not treated, they will look proportionally larger in comparison.  If you are not concerned about your buttock size then liposuction of the legs can help reduce their size.  Care must be taken, especially with liposuction below the knees and into the ankles as this may result in prolonged swelling of the feet and legs.  Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss these issues.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Liposuction effects on different body parts

+1

Liposuction was invented for people with upper and lower body half discrepancy. That is because no amount of diet or exercise can change this particular body type. You probably need liposuction of the hips outer thighs inner thighs calves and ankles for a full correction. Doing liposuction on your legs especially calves and ankles will not have any effect whatsoever on your buttocks.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Only the fat in the back of the thigh supports the butt.

+1

Hi.

Sounds like you are a good candidate for liposuction of the thighs and legs.  As long as the fat in the back of your thighs is left alone, the buttocks are not affected.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+1

There is no relationship between any form of liposuction on the legs "(especially ankles)" to the buttock. Seek in person evaluations from boarded surgeons in your area. Dr Blinski MIAMI

Liposuction of the legs

+1

If you feel that you don't want liposuction of your buttocks, you might be happy with the reduction in your legs if liposuction is performed on them, but you might be disappointed to realize that you would then think of your buttock as out of proportion to the legs. Liposuction of the upper back of the thighs can affect the positioning of the buttock if its support is removed. Liposuction of the inner thighs can leave more irregularities and sagging than other sites. There are slighlty greater risks when doing liposuction on the lower legs and ankles than other areas. Healing may take longer wtih prolonged swelling. See a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologic surgeon who has great experience in liposuction of the legs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

"large issues" with leg liposuction are expectation mismatches

+1

The main issue with leg lipo in a person with top to bottom large legs is an expectation mismatch.  In my experience, people with this starting point will almost always be disappointed because they think you are going to be able to sculpt something out of them that you really cannot.  

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Effects of Leg Liposuction on your Buttocks

+1

Leg liposuction is a very common and effective procedure in appropriate patients.  The buttocks is supported by deep tissues below, so over aggressive liposuction below the buttocks may lead to sagging.  This is why it is very important that you see a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in liposuction. 

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD